using serial number to find year and info on tractor

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #1  

keleigh1

Tractor
Allis Chalmers
My name is Mike. I have an old All is Chalmers tractor I'm almost positive its a C model . the serial number is 344606. I am trying to verify the date and info on the tractor. I'm restoring it been sitting in our baarn over 30 years, just got it running , but wanting a little help. Thanks! Mike

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #2  
allischalmers.com = good source for parts, and large amount of folks dedicated to allis chalmers tractors in general via forums. that might be able to help ya tract down certain parts if trying to completely restore it to original look and ability.

TractorData.com Allis Chalmers C tractor information
1940: 1
1941: 112
1942: 12389
1943: 18782
1944: 23908
1945: 30695
1946: 36378

1947: 39168
1948: 51515
1949: 68281
1950: 80518

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor
Thanks for your comments! I'm not sure about one thing. My dad bought this from a neighbor back in late 60's. Under where it says Tractor no. , that's I'm sure the serial number and its kinda worn down and is there a letter before the number? I'm guessing when I said first was a 3. I'm sure the next are 44606, but someone told me there was a letter instead of a number starting the serial number. Does anyone know if this is the case? Cause my number would be six digest long, instead of five which was shown earlier? Thanks for all input. I'm planning on keeping it original except going to 12 volt, which I've already installed. Almost all metal is in good shape, trying to keep as is except for new paint. Just used belly mower yesterday and still working good! Thanks! Mike

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #5  
Welcome from VA

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #6  
no idea on serial number, though i would say back in 1950's there was no need for letters in serial numbers.

i have CA "next model" they made after the C. you may find some parts for the B,C, and CA almost interchangeable. not always. but worth checking.

the more expensive belt option from local tractor dealer, is suggested. for the woods 59L i do believe belly mower deck... i have not seen any other make/model on C and/or CA model tractor, but i could very well be off. the cheaper belts, simply don't last. "stretch to much, over heat and break extremely quickly", and the need for the higher option belt is needed.

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the General Vintage Tractors forum. :)

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the General Vintage Tractors forum. :)

I looked again at serial number and its 44606. The first I'm assuming is a 0 . after cleaning and using a wire brush more I'm sure about it. By that its showing on previous post its a 1947 model C . Thanks again for everyone's advice!

/ using serial number to find year and info on tractor #9  
This may be too late, but I believe the first digit of your serial # should be a "C"