Case 530 forklift

/ Case 530 forklift #1  

cockeyedMFer

Gold Member
Tractor
1959 MF 35 deluxe, gas
After years of wanting/needing a rough terrain forklift, but not really having the budget to justify one, I found this Case 530 on Craigslist - and only 15 minutes from my work!

It was a lucky find. A small family owned construction company had listed a bunch of stuff for sale and it was put in the ad almost as an afterthought. I called right away but seller was slow to let me come over...he wanted to get it running first but was busy. After a week, he called and said it was ready to go, but he had a bunch of other calls. He would hold it for me for a day...needless to say I made room on the trailer and asked the boss if I could tale a long lunch!

Seller's dad bought it new in '66 and they used it to carry block, concrete hoppers, etc around job sites. (The tow bar was used to tow the machine from one job to the next.) It hasn't been used regularly in a number of years but has a few newer maintenance items.

She starts at the turn of the key and runs great. Needs steer tires and a general going over, but I'm really excited to have it. She'll fit in perfectly with my '59 Massey loader, 58 Yale forklift, and '65 F600 dump.

The construction company was almost a time warp in itself. The offices hadn't been updated since the seller's granddad built the place in the early 50s. It had all the period features you'd expect - steel tanker desks, drafting tables, Lyon metal cabinets, asphalt floor tiles, and a long hand built linoleum topped service counter. Even the exterior bricks were a unique mix of color and type - the owner said that his family reused what materials were left over from other jobs to save on construction costs.

Wish I could have taken pictures but I didn't want to intrude on the owner's privacy. He's both glad to be getting rid of stuff and sad to see it go.

Anyway... Does anyone have a source for an owner's manual or service manual for this beast? Crossing my fingers that the seller can find his copy, but after 50 years its probably lost.

Also, it came with a set of 16" tri-rib tires and a pair of wider, smooth balloon tires. Which is best for use on gravel, grass and light to moderate mud?

Any guesstimates on curb weight? 6000lbs?
1.jpg

/ Case 530 forklift
Also noticed that it has a quick-connect hydraulic fitting at each corner of the fork carriage. Seller said they used to have a hydraulic bucket attachment for the forklift.

Found a vintage brochure that mentions a number of forklift attachments. If anyone has more details or photos of these items I'd love to hear about them.
brochure.JPG

/ Case 530 forklift #3  
Open this link to Case Construction Eq. for parts: Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

There is an OP manual on Ebay right now for $20.00. Case 530 Series Constuuction King Fork Lift Operator's Manual | eBay

As far as the tractor part, the 530 Ag. & Utility tractor service repair manual should pretty well cover that. Just maybe put a saved search on Ebay, specifically for the forklift, and one may pop up eventually. Or, contact the nearest Case Construction dealer, and they may be able to get you one. I'm sure it will be pretty pricey though.

/ Case 530 forklift
Thanks DJ, I'll check out those links.

/ Case 530 forklift #5  
Anyway... Does anyone have a source for an owner's manual or service manual for this beast? Which is best for use on gravel, grass and light to moderate mud? Any guesstimates on curb weight? 6000lbs?

I'd check out intellaliftparts.com or Forklift Parts at Low Prices with FAST shipping | Intella Liftparts for help there...they have a great blog with a ton of information, including videos. I also get my parts there and I have to say they have pretty reasonable prices. Hope that helps!!