354 International

/ 354 International #1  

Tim gurganious

Tractor
4835 New Holland
I have a 354 International runs for about 45 minutes to an hour then cuts off like its out of fuel then have to rebuild the injectors I have cleaned the tank replace fuel filter replace fuel pump had injector pump rebuild still does the same thing any ideas on what can be wrong or something else to try could it possibly be the injectors

/ 354 International #2  
Could it be the fuel cap is not venting..?? Maybe crack it loose, and try running it that way, and see what happens.

/ 354 International
Thanks I have tried that even put a new one on still the same thing

/ 354 International #4  
I have read in other threads, where guys have had similar problems, and the problem seemed to be a plugged return line, and/or plugged return line screen. I don't recall how long they ran, before shutting down though.

Should be easy enough to check though.

/ 354 International #5  
I've got some friends that have a 585 Case...same thing happened to them...it turned out to be the fuel line (covered with woven stuff)...I think from the filter to the pump would collapse and cut off the fuel... I'm betting you're getting the same thing...it was a relatively short fuel line (as well as I remember)... they replaced that fuel segment and all is good. BobG in VA