Oliver oc3

/ Oliver oc3 #1  

plastikosmd

Veteran Member
Finally got the oc up and running. It needed some fuel system and ignition work. Already had been converted to 12v /gear starter, aux transmission and distributer conversion. Firewood today, fun in the woods.

a problem limb along with my favorite felling axe.

20151018_112458_zpsexsisupn.jpg

Hanger being pulled down
20151018_112738_zps8kebnjq0.jpg

/ Oliver oc3 #2  
Sure don't make em like that anymore...

Nice to see old iron out and about... thanks for posting.

/ Oliver oc3 #3  
Be glad it already had the aux. tranny. I had one 20 some years ago, with a dozer blade. It was pretty fast, even in first gear, to get a decent job of grading, and that's what I did for a living, so it wasn't from inexperience.

There was a fellow in Pa. that specialized in OC-3 parts. I contacted him about an aux. tranny, but wanted more for it, than I paid for the dozer.

/ Oliver oc3
Amen. I have another parts machine that didn't run for long but it did show me that 1st is a bit too fast. This paticular one is geared perfect. Good for tight turns in the woods.

/ Oliver oc3 #5  
nice.. i want me a crawler one day!

/ Oliver oc3
I would recommend you first buy a boat. Once you understand the acronym, (break out another thousand) and the various uses for an anchor, you are ready to own a crawler.

;)

/ Oliver oc3 #7  
nice.. i want me a crawler one day!

If you want to go with a classic, keep your eye's open for a John Deere 430 crawler, last of the horizontal two cylinders. Dad ran one for the neighbor in the early 70's, and I got to occasionally, when needing to winch out trees. Sweet little tractors that had a 5 spd. trans. with a low 1st gear. This one went in for repairs, needing steering clutches. Owner passed away before it was fixed. Mechanic called his wife, and said he had a buyer for it for $500.00, and she sold it. She never once thought to call us, and see if we wanted it... Talk about being sick... :(

Saw a restored one about 15 years later with no blade, but did have factory 3 pt. Sweet....

/ Oliver oc3 #8  
I would recommend you first buy a boat. Once you understand the acronym, (break out another thousand) and the various uses for an anchor, you are ready to own a crawler.

;)

I'm pretty familiar with crawlers. I've worked for a roadbuilder for the last 27 years. I also refurbish antique and classic tractors.

I know most projects are money pits...

/ Oliver oc3 #9  
I'm pretty familiar with crawlers. I've worked for a roadbuilder for the last 27 years. I also refurbish antique and classic tractors.

I know most projects are money pits...

Yeah, I want one too. Strictly for a project and a relaxing hobby.

/ Oliver oc3 #10  
Yeah, I want one too. Strictly for a project and a relaxing hobby.

yup.. I mena.. I would probably work mine lightly.. but deffinately have fun working on them.