1938 JD A on Steel

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
A few old JD's that belonged to the wife's deceased uncle. From the SN this one is a 1938 JD A. Seems to be the oldest, but it's the only one I could find a SN plate on.

Attachments

• 404800-JDSteel40.jpg
    404800-JDSteel40.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 405
   / 1938 JD A on Steel #2  
I like it! Do you have any pictures of it without the "realtree" CAMO?

-Steve

/ 1938 JD A on Steel
This is the best I can do right now. I had to bush-hog around it and push up some small trees, etc. to do this good. May go back in a few day with a saw and get the rest of the brush out of the way.

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #4  
That is a big resto job. I'd have to really love that tractor to even think about it. Now, if you had a steam thresher in the woods........

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #5  
It is an oldie.. deffinately an unstyled model.. and nice rim spokes too..

A deffinate nice toy to spend your extra money and time on..I wouldn't ming finding something like that myself out in a stand of trees...

Soundguy

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #6  
My tandem axle dropdeck is always on the ready and the winch cable is oiled...................... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #7  
Yep.. I constantly scan the roads and side streets while going
-anywhere-.. I feel like an one of those radar planes.. always looking for familiar shapes ont he side of hte road.

Soundguy

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #9  
At least I'm in good company then!

I love driving somewhere.. like say.. taking the wife out to eat.... and taking back streets " to save time ". And then passing a tractor and the wife will wait a few minutes.. and figure that I didn't see it... she'll start talking about it.. and I'll rattle off the make, model, year range.. and some of the options installed. To which she will reply.. 'Oh.. you've been by to look at it already'... Me, knowing that I havn't been by to see it.. but just knowing what it was from shape.. etc.. I smile and say yes. and keep driving.. and everyone stays happy.

Soundguy

/ 1938 JD A on Steel #10  
I've not yet found anything which indicates the difference between a styled v. an unstyled JD. Perhaps, I've just never seen two versions of the same model side-by-side. Can anyone provide any assistance with this?