Hey ya'll

/ Hey ya'll #1  

DougDawson

Tractor
1979 Massey Ferguson 1655 and a 1958 Ford 800 series
Hey ya\'ll

Just checking out the Vintage Forum. I have a 1958 Ford 800 series and a 1979 Massey Ferguson 1655. I am presently restoring the old Ford (it was my dads and I kind of want him to see it like it was when he bought it). It has a factory front blade on it. The hydrolics are REALLY slow on raising the blade. I need to find a parts break-down on the hydrolic's. Any suggestions on where I might find some info?

/ Hey ya'll #2  
Re: Hey ya\'ll

Hi Doug,

I had an 861 Ford (63 I think) that was wife's granddad's. This was back in the 80s, but I found parts and parts lists from the ford dealers. Also Tractor Supply used to carry overhaul manuals for many of these models.

Grandpa's was highly abused. Run low or out of oil a lot. No oil pressure. I installled a new oil pump, but it never did get much pressure back......

Best wishes,
Ron

/ Hey ya'll #3  

You might hop over the ytmag.com 2/8/9/NAA board.. I hang out over there.. and although our topics specialize on those fords from 1939-1954.. we do discuss the hundred series. Also.. the hundred series uses a similar pump to one that will bolt up to the NAA.. the NAA version was about 2-2.5 gpm.. whereas the later hundred series pump was 4 gpm.

You can get an I&T manual for it (fo-20).. and also there is a Master parts catalog available.. covers the NAA thru the 9XX I believe.. but check me on that one.. And also an original shop manual.. try n-news.com under their manual section... I subscribe to their newsletter and have purchased from them.. great people. I'm sure there are a few others that carry this stuff as well.

Those old fords are fun.. ive restored a 46 2N, 52 8N, and 54 NAA, as well as some other collered tractors..

Soundguy

/ Hey ya'll #4  

Soundguy has it right, and lists some good books. You can find all of the above plus rebuilt kits & parts from Valu-bilt (ok web site, great catalog!) as well as much of it at your NH dealer and many other places.

The very early 100 series tractors had a vane hyd pump which is not worth rebuilding/ hard to get any parts, but if your model year is right you should have a piston pump which has kits & exchanges. They are not a very high-volume pump, so it's typical for hydaulics to move slowly.

--->Paul

/ Hey ya'll #5  

Yep.. the rebuild kit for the van pump which includes the shutters and rotor is about 500 on the NAA and a tad more on the 100 series..( Yikes! ). There were 2 piston pumps available,, a 2.x gpm for the NAA, and a 4gpm for later hundred series.. the they aren't cheap either.. but cheaper than a vane rebuild kit... the piston pump rebuild kit isn't terrible pricey either.

To the original poster: So what do you consider slow?

My NAA with 2.x gpm piston pump in good repair lifts the arms from all the way down to all the way up in about 2- 2.5 seconds with tractor at 600-900 rpm or so. For the NAA that is about right..

Soundguy

/ Hey ya'll

To soundguy, What I am considering slow is all the way down to all the way up in close to a minute

/ Hey ya'll #7  

Yep.. that's slow.. sounds like a worn out vane pump..

Soundguy