BG Moline help

/ BG Moline help #1  

garyharper430

Tractor
John deere, Kubota B3350, BG moline
I trying to ID the correct part on my BG, it is the cable guard that goes on top of the torque tube I have one but it don't fit, the holes don't line up correct. It looks like the one in the BG part manual it has 4 holes but they font match the holes on my BG toqure tube , had anyone has a similar problem, I will try and get a picture if I can figure how to upload photos

/ BG Moline help #2  
Here's the torque tube on my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor being reinstalled during the restoration. You can see the cable guard attached to the top of the torque tube. If I had your problem I'd just redrill the hole(s) until that cable guard fits.

MM-BF torque tube.JPG

Good luck

/ BG Moline help
Thank for the picture, well I didn't even know it had a cable guard till I had my tractor put back together I went to Mr. Bill Williams in north Mississippi, he has a Moline grave yard that is were I seen that I was missing the guard, I purchased it from him but like I said it don't line up correct, I would have to removed a lot of parts to drill and make it fit, think I will just leave it off for now, not trying to get it perfect just want it original as possible, thanks for the good advice.

/ BG Moline help
Thanks flusher, now I have another problem on my BG got it back together but I have about a 1/2 gap between the hood and the front end cap I can't understand why, all of it fixed and the sheet metal if fixed nothing is adjustable ? All the holes line up correct the radiator is lined up the side covers line up everything looks to fix but I still have the 1/2 gap on the hood I don't understand why all the sheet metal lines up but I still have a gap beats me I will try to get a pic any help from anyone will be appreciate.

/ BG Moline help #5  
Did the sheet metal line up before you disassembled the tractor?

Here's my MM-BF as it was when I bought it. The sheet metal looks tight.

MM-BF delivery-1.JPG

Good luck

/ BG Moline help
Yes it was tight before I started the restoration, I think it is the radiator I put a rubber pad on the bottom of it to help support it and serve as a shock mount, I think it may be to thick, but that is just a thought

/ BG Moline help
I can't figure out how to load pictures in this site ?

/ BG Moline help #8  
I can't figure out how to load pictures in this site ?

Click on "Go Advanced" button
Click on "Manage Attachments" A new window pops up showing the "File Upload Manager".
Click on the "+ Add Files" button

Another small window pops up entitled "Upload Files from your Computer/Website"
The default is to upload images from your computer. If your image(s) are on another website, click "Website".

If you have more than one image to upload, click on the "+" box. This will display additional text boxes and "Browse" buttons.
Click on the first "Browse" button and follow the trail to your first image. This will open yet another window showing your images. Select the image you want and click "Open".

A thumbnail image will show up in the "Attachments" section on the lower part of the "File Upload Window". Click on the small check box on the lower right of the thumbnail to select that image. Repeat the browse steps to upload the remaining images. Once all the images are in the "Attachments" part of the "File Upload Window", click the "Insert inline (x)" button on the lower right of the "File Upload Manager" window. "x" is the number of images you are uploading.

The identification strings for the uploaded images will appear in the text box containing the message you are typing. You can see the images by clicking the "Preview Post" button.

When you are satisfied with your text and images, click the "Submit Reply" button.

This sounds complicated, but it's easy to do once you do it a few times.

Good luck.

/ BG Moline help
Hope this works

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 151
   / BG Moline help
If look close you can see a pretty good gap between front of hood and nose cap