Fordson tractor

/ Fordson tractor #1  

boonez40

Tractor
fordson ????
Just wondering if anyone has any info on this tractor and what it's worth may be, I have some other stuff as well. 20171209_092020.jpg20171209_091959.jpg20171209_092029.jpg20171209_092049.jpg20171209_092011.jpg20171209_092037.jpg20171209_092043.jpg20171209_092057.jpg

/ Fordson tractor #2  
   / Fordson tractor #3  
About scrap price.

/ Fordson tractor #5  
Neat piece of yard art and will be interested in any history.

/ Fordson tractor #6  
I have no idea of worth, but, do know if you were thinking of getting it to running condition could be a chore. Those have a worm gear drive, and cannot be pull started. If it had a belt pulley, you could belt another tractor up, and do it that way.

We had a fellow in our club years ago that had one, and it was pretty cantankerous about starting. That's when I found out about the worm gear drive, after offering a bum start, after he'd cranked on it, for about 20 minutes in 85º temps. No one had an extra flat belt either, for a belt start.

/ Fordson tractor
I have no idea of worth, but, do know if you were thinking of getting it to running condition could be a chore. Those have a worm gear drive, and cannot be pull started. If it had a belt pulley, you could belt another tractor up, and do it that way.

We had a fellow in our club years ago that had one, and it was pretty cantankerous about starting. That's when I found out about the worm gear drive, after offering a bum start, after he'd cranked on it, for about 20 minutes in 85º temps. No one had an extra flat belt either, for a belt start.
No, I have a customer that wants it removed from her yard along with some other stuff

/ Fordson tractor
Here are some other items she wants home 20171209_092133.jpg20171209_092155.jpg20171209_092439.jpg20171209_092506.jpg

/ Fordson tractor #9  
Last edited:
   / Fordson tractor #10  
The implements, especially the cultivator, you may advertise, and some Amish may be interested.

That appears to be a Fordson Model N. It's probably worth more in parts, then complete tractor. Here is a link to Fordson House, and already have it to the Model N parts page. Here, they have that style cast front wheel listed @ $200.00 ea. You could always contact Fordson House, and see if they would be interested in it, but, doubt they'd give more than what they sell a pair of those front wheels for. The Fordson House

If you have the room to do it, and place to store the parts, those prices could be some incentive to tear the old girl down, and part it out. List them on Craigslist, and advertise for free. There are several searches, where you can do a nationwide search on CL. You can always underprice your parts, compared to prices listed @ FH, and make it look like a deal. The big thing, would to be offer shipping, if someone from a good distance was interested.

Lately, I've seen a lot of guy's shipping larger parts, and complete garden tractors, through the Fastenal Stores, if you have one fairly local. They seem to have the best rates on shipping items. Of course, it is only store, to store.

If you have a heated shop, might be a good winter project..!!