Market for 8N and 9N

/ Market for 8N and 9N #1  

Melville

I recently replaced my old 8N and 9N with a L4430 HST and was wondering the best way to go about selling the old Fords. One was just rebuilt and runs great the other needs new ponts and plugs and a battery and will run great as well. I was wondering if there is a market for them or should just hold onto them to ride around the farm on and do light weight stuff with. I finally broke down and got something modern to take care of the small chores. ANy ideas on what they are worth.

Patrick

/ Market for 8N and 9N #2  
Which one was rebuilt?

Likely the 8N is worth (if in good shape, and running that is) $3-4K, give or take. Could be a lot more if you work at it. Look at E-bay and see what is happening. I don't know, but expect there will be some up for auction. Need to stick around to see what the final bid is, to tell what they are selling for. And then, it is only a snapshot in time.

/ Market for 8N and 9N
9N was rebuilt and doesnt have more then 15 hrs tops on it since then. Both kept under cover as well.

/ Market for 8N and 9N #4  
A buddy of mine paid $3200 for a clean, complete 8N in good mechanical condition about 5 years ago. No implements, just the tractor. I think it had 1800 hours on the "proofmeter" when he got it. He thinks that was kind of pricey in retrospect... who knows.

- Patrick

/ Market for 8N and 9N #5  
Around NC 9n/8n's sell for around 2000 - 2500$ in fair condition. Clean with good tires will sell for around 3200$. You should not have any trouble selling it. I had the same situation you have. I bought my Kioti to replace my 8n, but decided to keep it after trying to mow my driveway banks with a tractor with a tractor that has 20" less treadwidth than the 8n. The pucker factor was about a 9.5 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

/ Market for 8N and 9N #6  
I've got both, and a NAA.. love them. Always nice to havve a second tractor to help with chores. Price info you got here is good ballpark.

Hop over to ytmag.com N form for more info.

Soundguy

/ Market for 8N and 9N #7  
I'm kinda curious as to what my Dad's 8N is worth with the flat head 6 cylinder in it.

RedDog

/ Market for 8N and 9N #9  
There were lots of 6 and 8 cyl conversions to the N's.. the most popular was the funk 6 and funk 8.

Head over to ytmag to the N forum and post.

See ya there.

Soundguy

/ Market for 8N and 9N #10  
Yes, just saw an 8 cylinder flathead Ford Funk on RFD the other day. Was cool. The guy had to add lots of weights on the back tires to keep it from spinning out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif