It started again!

/ It started again! #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
The governer spring broke on my Farmall-A some time ago. I was driving it, when all the sudden all it would do is idle... I got a new spring and gasket, from Case/IH(for a 63 year old tractor!). I pulled the governer, replaced the spring and gasket, and bolted it back togther, the whole time careful to not to move any internal parts in case something got out of time.

She would not start. Now, these things are easier when you have a starter to figure out. Hand cranking made it a little harder to see what was going on. So, I checked plugs, wires, kill switch, rotor, cap ect.

I finally decided maybe something did move while I was setting the governer back in, so lets check TDC and timing... Sure enough, it was off, I'm guessing by a tooth. Took the maagneto out, and reset it, and timed it. It was too late to start it last night(it was only 9pm, but the garage is right next to my sons bedroom, and he has a 8:30 school nite bedtime).

For grins, I cranked it over four times this morning as I walked by it on the way out to the truck. She fired right up! Needless to say, I am happy to have her running again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ It started again! #2  
Good job ! Isn't it great to still be able to get parts for those old Farmalls.

Ben