/ Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #21  
Try a search on Google:

Google

/ Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #22  
How about this setup!

/ Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #24  
Here's one if found with Google:

Deger Manufacturing

They're located in Turkey - how's your Turkish? Also, check out the "Bird Scarer" - 117 db of pure fun - I want one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kinda surprised so few companies offer a PTO air compressor; sounds like a reasonable thing to want to have. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

John

/ Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #25  
John, if you want one bird scare machine, contact Ed in Ohio
http://www.we-beat-prices.com - He, my dealer friend in USA for a long time, already has them in his stocks and selling these scarers. Deger is another scarer company in our small town, but, ours (from user manual to adaptor, etc) is more professional.

That Deger compressor is Bare-co type compressor which doesn't supply continous air flow, therefore useless for painting. This simple model is available by many companies in Turkey and they are cheap. I have the both models (Bare-co type and Northstar type.) But, Northstar type has to be casted as we don't keep them in stock. I myself bought its cast pattern a few months ago. And, I believe the only person in the world (other than Northstar) who has its casting pattern is me. Its reservoir of this Northstar type pto compressor is built-in cast body. This is making the compressor heavy, therefore more expansive than the other one. Now, I am thinking to make this tank reservoir external (sheet metal) and optional. This will make this compressor lighter and cheaper.

Attachments

• 848591-tk2a.jpg
    848591-tk2a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 853
   / Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #26  
Someone could really cash in on this deal....a compressor attachment for the lawn tractor. I liked the John Deere compressor and tank setup...but would beef it up some, larger air tank (20 gallons minimum) and larger compressor.
I frequently have a problem where this equipment could be of great assistance. Only last weekend, I wanted to pump up a tire on the combine which had gone flat over the winter. It only needs about 25 pounds of air, but it is a huge tire and with a small, single cylinder compressor, it takes a long time. I have a larger twin cylinder compressor but the machine shed where I keep this equipment doesn't have adequate electric capacity to run it. I have a 5000 watt generator, but again, it will not start my larger compressor. The attachment on either the JD or a PTO driven unit would be used frequently for this type of situation and would also allow the use of spray paint equipment, air tools etc. far away from where electricity is available. Another good thing about it...it doesn't require another gas engine to maintain. I have about enough gas power equipment to keep running and don't need another one. On the JD compressor...a quick detach system could be used here with a good handle, so you could simply lift the entire attachment up and off the front of the tractor, making it easier to return to mowing.
So guys...opportunity knocks. The whole thing could be built with off the shelf products. Just build the proper attachment frame and bolt the pieces together. Product liabilty issues may be the only stumbling block.
I can already visualize a front mounted compressor and tank on my CC 3100...running off the front PTO drive...so...shaft drive to a small drive pulley, then up to the main compressor sheave. It would take up more room in the garage, but if it were a quick detach, it would not be left on the tractor anyway.

/ Anyone seen a PTO Air Compressor? #28  
I guess I'm a Johnny-come lately, about 2 years late for the OP, but anyways;
We used to use one years ago that we pulled on a sledge behind an old stand-up McCormick-Deering; we could run up to 6 pole pruners with it.