Anybody want a free loader?

/ Anybody want a free loader? #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I have on my place an old loader frame that (I believe) fits an N-series Ford. It is a trip-style loader, there is no bucket. It has cylinders and a control valve, but no pump. I don't know if the hydraulic res. is the frame or not. Anyway, I don't have any use for it and have tried, unsuccessfully, to give it away before. It may not be worth trying to do anything with, but if anybody wanted a project, I'd love to get rid of it rather that throw it away. I will try to attach some pictures of it. Location is in western Kentucky.

Attachments

• 570877-Loader-side.jpg
    570877-Loader-side.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,174
   / Anybody want a free loader?
Here's another picture

Attachments

• 570879-Loader-Front.jpg
    570879-Loader-Front.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 826
and one more

Attachments

• 570881-Loader-Tag.jpg
    570881-Loader-Tag.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 708
   / Anybody want a free loader? #6  
If I read the tag correctly.. it is a dearborn 19-60 According to a friend of mine, that's a heavy duty loader designed for a Ford NAA... theats the successor of the 8n. ( 8n.. late-1947-1952 ) ( NAA and jubilee late-1952, 53, and 54).

The NAA has a 4" longer wheelbase. It all depends on how the under-axle brackets are made. It may be possible to make it fit an 8n, sinc ethe axles ( front and rear are virtually identical ).. You'll just have to decide whether you can mod the brackets to fit.

Soundguy

/ Anybody want a free loader? #7  
Probably wouldn't know that without measuring it and looking at it.

The big thing for me is how hard is it to come get.
Where in western Kentucky.

If nothing else it has cylinders and a control valve.
I'm sure I can do something with those.

Pooh Bear

If you look at the picture attached to the first post, the front of the loader is to the right of the picture (if you look at the other end, kind of in the roots of the trees, you can see the control valve.

I at one time had a hydraulic loader that was made for an 8N that had been modified to fit a Ford 800 series. The difference was (I think) what Soundguy was talking about - the difference between the front and rear axles. The loader I had just had some extensions on it. I would imagine you could add some extensions to the front of this one (If it is for a long wheelbase model) and mount it to an 8N with a little trouble.

The whole thing is (obviously) rusted, but doesn't appear to be rusted through. If it were to be wire wheeled or sandblasted, it could probably be repainted and look nice.

The loader should pretty well fit on a 16' dual axle utility trailer, and not be too much of a load to pull with a pickup truck. I can load it on the trailer using my other tractor and loader.

I'm in Eddyville, KY, - it's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

/ Anybody want a free loader? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I'm in Eddyville, KY, - it's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.
)</font>
======
That's 2 close for me.

/ Anybody want a free loader? #10  
That's not too far away.
Nashville would be about halfway.
That's a 2-3 hour drive for us.
So 5 hours one way would be about it.
A long day trip would do it.

The hard part for me will be getting a trailer to load it on.
Will have to check on this. See what a rental costs.

Pooh Bear