changing radiator on 1965 MF35 - difficulty?

/ changing radiator on 1965 MF35 - difficulty? #1  

nworbekim

Bronze Member
Tractor
mahindra 3510
i posted this on the massey-ferguson forum a day or two ago and have no replies, then i found you guys... maybe this would be a better place, as this IS a 1965 model...

i've limited mechanical experience and abilities, but i don't mind trying... but, i find its usually more inexpensive to hire someone to do my fix'em up work than me try it, screw it up, and then have to hire someone to straighten out my mess... and put up with all of the ribbing i get...

but, i think i might be able to do this job...

the old 35 is in great shape... but the radiator looks to be original, and has been patched and soldered nearly everywhere... right now, i'm using it with a 6' finish mower and its running about 210 degs F... which i think is too hot for this model, even though its a gas engine...

when i stop, its spitting coolant up, making a mess, creating a hazard for family pets, and costing $...

i've looked around the net and can order what looks to be a generic radiator that will fit for about $120... but what kind of job is it to change out?

does the cowling have to come completely off? or just tilt forward...

i see the top bracket where the radiator is held, how is it connected at the bottom?

any information will be greatly appreciated...

/ changing radiator on 1965 MF35 - difficulty? #2  
Take the hood / grill assembly off as a unit. That is the easiest way, if my memory is right. When you get it off then you can see what you need to do.