JD400 with Front Loader. 20hp Kohler

/ JD400 with Front Loader. 20hp Kohler #1  

NoviceguyInCT

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX24 TLB & old JD 400, JD H140
I have a JD 400 with a FL. and I'm considering selling it. Anyone have any idea what I can get for it? It runs /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifand looks good. Needs some TLC. I need the money to purchase a new BX24. <font color="green"> </font> <font color="orange"> </font>

Jim

/ JD400 with Front Loader. 20hp Kohler #2  
Depending on hours and condition the tractor itself will easily sell for $1500 to $2500 and sometimes more on eBay.

If you have a model 20 John Deere loader that is in decent shape I would think it would sell for $1500 - $2500 too.

Stuff like wheel weights, deck, 3 point hitch and rear PTO etc also add value.

Get a few pictures on here and I'm sure others will chime in. Another great source for information on the great old tractors is http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/info/

This site is dedicated to these old JD garden tractors and there is a place for classifieds there too.

/ JD400 with Front Loader. 20hp Kohler
Yes, my JD400 does have a 3 pt hitch and JD 20 front loader. Thanks for your input and the website.

Jim

/ JD400 with Front Loader. 20hp Kohler #4  
Glad you posted this question, even if it was a couple of months ago. I just bought a BX2230. I have a JD 400, with wheel weights, MMM and a snow blower, that I want to sell. I was thinking of asking $1500 for it, but I really have no idea.