New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #1  

krue

Tractor
MF 135 Perkins Gas
Just a post to say hello. I'm having a blast clearing (reclearing actually) 5 of my 9 acres that have really gone to seed since Katrina. I do have a question regarding the availability of aftermarket ROPS for my tractor since I plan on skidding a few trees with it.

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #2  
krue said:
Just a post to say hello. I'm having a blast clearing (reclearing actually) 5 of my 9 acres that have really gone to seed since Katrina. I do have a question regarding the availability of aftermarket ROPS for my tractor since I plan on skidding a few trees with it.

If you find one, let me know! I've seen several websites that CLAIM they'll soon have one available for 135/150/165 Masseys, but as of yet, no one has been able to "show me the money". I'd check with a Massey dealer if you're ready to fork out some big money to get an O.E.M. ROPS. They still offer 'em. You'll need a fender mounting kit (with O.E.M. ROPS) too. There's a kit for the clamshell style fenders and another for the flat-top fenders. (O.E.M. ROPS mounting makes stock fender brackets useless)

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #4  
JerryG said:
Bare-co has ROPS for MF 100 series.
Roll Over Protection Frames

I've tried them. They only sell to dealers or repair business as a re-sale item. My local dealer doesn't want to handle them. (Wants to sell O.E.M. ROPS) Guess I need to locate a more willing DEALER.

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #5  
Strange, I've purchased thru them. They referred me to a dealer that had what I needed when I did a price inquiry.

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #6  
dgl24087 said:
Strange, I've purchased thru them. They referred me to a dealer that had what I needed when I did a price inquiry.

I tried to get a dealer referral, but no success. Local Massey Dealer (A) doesn't like ROPS on "classic" tractors that didn't normally come with them, (B) wants to sell me the MUCH more expensive O.E.M. ROPS if I do buy one, and (C) doesn't like it when I try to tell him about something "new" to him.

MAybe I'll run the idea past my John Deere dealer when I'm there today. (after parts for the lawn mower.)

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #7  
Try these people .. a google search showed 'rops for any model'

Massey Ferguson
Brewer Tractor Sales (Lonnie Brewer)
Flemingsburg, KY
606-845-4961

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #8  
Soundguy said:
Try these people .. a google search showed 'rops for any model'

Massey Ferguson
Brewer Tractor Sales (Lonnie Brewer)
Flemingsburg, KY
606-845-4961

Thanks! I'll give him a holler in a few. (Getting ready for monthly "progress meeting" here at the salt mines.) Best part is, that's about an hour and a half drive from the house, and I'm off work for next 2 weeks.

V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N.!!!!!!!!!!!

Flemingsburg is in the part of Kentucky wher a ROPS would get a real test. Flat ground, just mostly vertical.

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #9  
Farmwithjunk said:
Thanks! I'll give him a holler in a few. (Getting ready for monthly "progress meeting" here at the salt mines.) Best part is, that's about an hour and a half drive from the house, and I'm off work for next 2 weeks..

Didn't get to speak with "THE BOSS", but did talk with parts man. They'll call me back when a price is confirmed. They did "ballpark" the price for me. Said "cheapest one they've ordered was over $800 and highest price was over $1300. Never ordered one for a 135 or 150 so far." I'm hoping to set a new standard for their cheapest one....

University of KEntucky has a saftey program in effect where they get dealers (such as Brewers) to sell ROPS at flat cost+shipping.

Brewers is a Massey Ferguson dealer. Parts guy knew the difference between ROPS for clamshell fenders and flat-top fenders. Makes you feel better when they know what's going on.

Price may take a day or so.

/ New guy with MF 135 w/Perkins gas engine #10  
Good luck.

Soundguy