36 years ago...

/ 36 years ago...
BTDT said:
Beautiful tractor. Good job. Are you reluctant to use it now that it's all fixed up?

Thanks! I'm actually looking forward to getting it back out in the field. I started off just freshening up the paint. Sorta went over the edge.... Time to get both feet back on the ground. I used better paint and material than was originally used, and all the replacement parts are original equipment stuff. If I get another 36 years, I'll be happy. and 96 y.o.

/ 36 years ago... #12  
Very nice job. That is something to be proud of.

But we should also put the age of this tractor into perspective and since you did such a great job it should have its place in history.

36 years ago (1971)Farmwithjunk buys tractor.

Richard Petty wins the Daytona 500

Al Unser Sr. wins Indianapolis 500

World Series: Pittsburgh Pirates won 4 games to 3 over Baltimore Orioles and first night game in world series history.

NCAA Championship UCLA 68 Villanova 62

Boxing Joe Frazier defeats Muhammad Ali

Super Bowl V Balitmore Colts 16 Dallas Cowboys 13

Jack Nicklaus wins PGA Championship

Billy Jean King wins US Open

Richard Nixion President.

The good ole days and lots of memories with that tractor:D

Once again great job FWJ.

David

/ 36 years ago... #13  
Afternoon Bill,
Thanks for a final update ! It really came out great ! I redid the sheet metal on the Super A and have been waiting to ask you what your going to use for a wax and how long you waited before applying ???

Thanks Again !

/ 36 years ago...
scott_vt said:
Afternoon Bill,
Thanks for a final update ! It really came out great ! I redid the sheet metal on the Super A and have been waiting to ask you what your going to use for a wax and how long you waited before applying ???

Thanks Again !

Thank Ya Scott!

McGuires liquid cleaner/wax. It goes on and comes off with a light touch. I don't want to be grinding wax off of fresh paint. Most automotive grade paint will suggest a timeframe for when it's completely cured. Usually around 90 days on acrylic enamels. Wax can seal in components of the paint that you want to escape to atmosphere.

/ 36 years ago... #15  
Beautifully redone, Farmwith!

If you remember what you paid for your Fergy in 71 (maybe $1500-1800?),
compare it to what it is worth 36 y later. Several times that, I am sure.

/ 36 years ago... #16  
Very nice! When I look at it, I see a beatiful restoration. I'll bet when you look at it, you see every rusted bolt, busted part, and probably plenty of skinned knuckles on the way to that beauty. A lot of satisfaction is due you for having done such a great job.:)

/ 36 years ago... #17  
FWJ,

I agree with others... your equipment looks so nice that FWJ is not a suitable login anymore... Great job on all your projects.

mark

/ 36 years ago...
dfkrug said:
Beautifully redone, Farmwith!

If you remember what you paid for your Fergy in 71 (maybe $1500-1800?),
compare it to what it is worth 36 y later. Several times that, I am sure.

Not that cheap.... MSRP was $4100 roughly. I paid $3750 delivered to the farm along with an assortment of filters and a hat. A 150 diesel in average condition sells for around $6000 here now. Doubtful you could get this one for double that.

/ 36 years ago... #19  
farmwithjunk,

Your tractor looks BEAUTIFUL!!!
If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was a brand new one.