36 years ago...

/ 36 years ago... #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
36 years ago today I got a price quote on what became my first new tractor. I bought it less than 2 months later. This morning I FINALLY finished the repainting that's been ongoing for 14 months. After making sure all the red was done, I went back and 2-toned the battery side covers. (below steering column)

Still to go; Re-install remote hydraulics removed to paint. Install oem rops and canopy. New rear tires. (old ones wrong size...one size too big) Install new grill that's been in the shop for 5 years. (old one has a few character marks) Paint and install new right rear fender. (old one has several character marks)

Dang. I thought I was about done.

First pic is before painting side panels.

next 3 are what I THOUGHT was a finished tractor.

Attachments

• wax3.JPG
    wax3.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Finish3.JPG
    Finish3.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 998
  • Finish2.JPG
    Finish2.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 881
  • Finish4.JPG
    Finish4.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 995
   / 36 years ago... #2  
Nice rig, tractors with the lights in the rear fenders were always my favorites for style.

/ 36 years ago... #3  
If I was farming with something like that, I don't think I'd use Farmwithjunk for a user name.;)

/ 36 years ago...
Bird said:
If I was farming with something like that, I don't think I'd use Farmwithjunk for a user name.;)

Some of the OTHER stuff I used wouldn't make it past the obscenity filter.

/ 36 years ago... #5  
Looks Good!!! And on the rest of your machinery, if it works when needed should be all that counts to gain parking space!

/ 36 years ago... #6  
I've got a 135 in need of the same treatment.

Wanna call it your next project Farmwithjunk?

/ 36 years ago...
Birdhunter1 said:
I've got a 135 in need of the same treatment.

Wanna call it your next project Farmwithjunk?

Sure! All it takes is a tractor, a willingness to spend money recklessly, 2000 hours on ebay, probably $4000 worth of nickel and dime items, 16 months, and I don't even want to know the electric bill for having the shop lights on 'till 1AM so many nights.

/ 36 years ago... #8  
Looks Great.Could hardly qualify as junk.

/ 36 years ago... #9  
Beautiful tractor. Good job. Are you reluctant to use it now that it's all fixed up?

/ 36 years ago... #10  
That tractor looks great, I've followed your posts on the redo and am impressed everytime I look. Thanks for the update. There's a good looking Massey within 8 miles of my house that I drool over everytime I see it. Not sure if it's a 135 or a 150.