Gold Member

Default IH 354 utility tractor

A friend just got a IH 354 gas tractor. I think its a British import, about 28 dbhp, 34 bhp, heavy little cuss, the tranny looks a lot like the B-275, a bathtub full of gears. Does anyone know how many of these were imported in the early '70's? Any guess at a value for one in good shape?

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Default Re: IH 354 utility tractor

All I know is that it is pretty similar to my 364 diesel which just keeps going and going and going..................

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

We have the same model. Around here in WV they run from high $3000 to high $4000 dollar range. Ours has been very reliable except the brakes lock up occasionally (just run in reverse a foot or so and they unlock) and the Disributor cap collect water on occassion (maybe once a year). They are pretty common tractors.

Rich

Tractor
    all makes and models

The brakes a simple and you should take them apart and clean the actuators so the balls roll better in the ramps. Your springs being weak might also cause the problem. They are quite simple to work on!