4000 series/2520 snowblower help??

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help??
Dutch445 said:
If I remember right, that new $94 bracket may require you to
get a new hood guard, and/or some new front attaching plates.

We had a deal where the original hood guard wasn't compatable
with this combo bracket, and in Sept they released a new hood
guard that was compatable... which allowed a very easy changeover
from MMM to Front Quick Hitch..

When did you get your loader and hood guard?

I think the new hood guard number is :
BW15634 , and this new guard will integrate with the
front attaching support kit (LVB25302) , which will then integrate
with the combo bracket (LVB24899)..

are we confused yet??
:)

My tractor was purchased early last spring... If I had to buy a new hood guard to... I guess I'd just change the plates every fall & spring... what a hassel :(
Thanks for your reply!

Rob-D said:
Shawk,

My dealer gave me a third bracket that replaces the front PTO bracket. So you pull off the PTO bracket and this pops right in for the MMM front bars. I just found it sitting on my 62D mower deck. Took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on but now I think I should be able to switch things back and forth fine.

Rob

Thanks Rob... I'll talk with my dealer and see what they say about the bracket setup.

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #23  
Shawk -

I just went through this on my 2305 and a JD 47SB. There are a few different parts and they go on/off quite easily.

I have the hood guard that came with the 200CX loader. It was put on with large spacers (think 1/2" thick washers) between the frame and the hood guard mount. This was so it would be used at the same time as the quick-tatch mount. Mine stays on the tractor (bolted on using the same bolts as were used with the hood guard) and is independent of the MMM bracket - might be different on the 2520.

So...you buy the brackets and then you have the mount that houses the double-splined shaft with bearings - this is where the PTO shaft from the tractor and the PTO shaft from the SB meet. On the 2305 is makes a bit of a "turn" here, it angles up - not sure if that's the case on the 2520.

In reading the material on JD it seems like you may need both the front attaching support kit (LVB25302 @ $44) and the Front Hitch/Mid-Mount Mower Combo Bracket (LVB24899 @ $94) to keep a tool-free switch between the MMM and the quick-hitch.

I just got this all setup on mine and it seems like an absolute beast! It will make short work of the hundreds of feet of sidewalk I need to clear.

Good luck!

Scott

Thanks Scott... I'm going to try to do a little more digging today. Hopefully I won't need both... but if I do, I do.

c25g76a8.gif
lvb24899_drawing_r.jpg

Here are pics of both attaching parts... For those who have them... do you have one or both?? The pic on the left is the quick tach attaching part. The pic on the right is the "combo" attaching part which accommodates both mower and front hitch. Thanks!

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #26  
I have both, as I said without both you have to remove the bracket on the left and replace it with the MMM front bracket which looks somwhat like the bracket on the right BUT with a bolt pattern for the tractor. The bracket on the right eliminates the unbolting problem.

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #27  
Shawk -

In reading the material on JD it seems like you may need both the front attaching support kit (LVB25302 @ $44) and the Front Hitch/Mid-Mount Mower Combo Bracket (LVB24899 @ $94) to keep a tool-free switch between the MMM and the quick-hitch.

Scott

I have thiis set up pn my 2320 but now that winter may finally be over I have removed the 47 blower and installed the front end loader I find the stand for teh loader hits the combo bracket and made it a little difficult to latch the locks on the FEL. I installed the bracket for the mower and found I had to readhust the front mount for the mower to tighten up the link from the mount to the mower. Also the bracket for the mower caused an even tighter fight for the stand for the FEL. Actually to get the bracket in place for the mower I had to partially remove the FEL (lower the stand part way to the ground). I installed combo bracket and everything else myself when I bought the 47 blower last fall, maybe I did something a bit wrong and now the stand for the FEL touches the combo bracket and the mower bracket that mounts in the combo bracket.

Is anyone else running into this trouble with the front attaching kit and combo bracket in place and the stand for the FEL hitting the brackets, making the install of the FEL a little more difficult?