FarmTrac Troubles

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,311  
Did you fella's not sign a contract with Textron? Are you or they in violation of the terms of the contract? I am not totally unsynpathetic to your plight. In trying to understand it better I have been trying to follow this lengthy post but it has become increasingly difficult with the various conspiracy theories and the cryptic nature of the commentary. I myself have lost a couple of hundred thousand dollars in the tech collapse and believe me I was plenty ticked. So I ended up getting "dusted" pretty well myself, I didn't mean to trivialize your plight with the dusting, just an expression.
If you look at Enron, HealthSouth and WorldCom you will see many thousands of people holding the proverbial "bag". I just do not see too many "Geraldo's" waiting to pounce on your unfortunate story. It looks like a combination of factors aligned to bring about FT's demise. These same factors are causing many other businesses to feel pain as well. In fact with the unemployment rate at 6.1 % Nationally, the US isn't feeling so well either.
John

Johnboy,

Thx for your RSVP notes. You're right, lots of working folks and small biz people are biting it. It seems that white collar crooks are riding high these days -- and getting away with it.

That's discouraging and disgusting.
Where's a Gilhooly when you need one?!

A BOGUS DEAL FOR FARMTRAC RETAILERS
And the contract with TFC didn't authorize conspiring with Farmtrac execs and massive unapproved product-dumping onto retailers as a last-ditch effort to convert bad FNA debt into good dealer debt.

These people are plain old getting screwed and... you're right... it seems that all but one (some insufferable and undiscourageable local knucklehead) has enough gonad sack to address the issue.

Maybe calling out a $13.2 billion multinational conglomerate for behaving badly makes folks drizzle in their britches?

With all the financial calamity these days, maybe the media has become desensitized?

Or would they rather look at the "big boys" like FannieMae? Bigger is better for upstart media persons to make a name for themselves?

I.T. ALSO TAKES A BITE
Like you, I've lived through the offshoring of many IT jobs that *used to* provide a lucrative living. Landed a stable niche... Will come out when the country's economic storm passes. Sitting tight for now.

It's the I.T. Armageddon when I see a comrade with a Baccalaureate and M.S. in T-com Engineering and Project Mgt. plus mgt. experience and mad skills working in a call center at jacksh*t wages because loads of the crap gets contracted or farmed out to Habib-ville.

I get so angry it makes my guts wrench.

NEED MORE INFO?
PM me if you need more info.

Better yet, read the past postings.
Sure, some are cryptic (I made a handful of those contribution -- eeek! ... along with Tim's mantra, reminding us and/or reassuring himself this is a private forum)... but there's plenty of info for anyone who's halfway motivated to "get it" -- just by reading.

Thanks for your input.

If you gave your local legislators a letter, it'd be even better.

--blueliner

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,312  
Did you fella's not sign a contract with Textron? Are you or they in violation of the terms of the contract? I am not totally unsynpathetic to your plight. In trying to understand it better I have been trying to follow this lengthy post but it has become increasingly difficult with the various conspiracy theories and the cryptic nature of the commentary. I myself have lost a couple of hundred thousand dollars in the tech collapse and believe me I was plenty ticked. So I ended up getting "dusted" pretty well myself, I didn't mean to trivialize your plight with the dusting, just an expression.
If you look at Enron, HealthSouth and WorldCom you will see many thousands of people holding the proverbial "bag". I just do not see too many "Geraldo's" waiting to pounce on your unfortunate story. It looks like a combination of factors aligned to bring about FT's demise. These same factors are causing many other businesses to feel pain as well. In fact with the unemployment rate at 6.1 % Nationally, the US isn't feeling so well either.
John

John---don't mean to inflame you just hope you understand how big this little situation is on a national scale---many dealers have justed moved on and dusted their selves off and are going in another direction---out of business--different business---other lines---but some believe in right is right and wrong is wrong----when you call the big Industrial Military complex on to the carpet money and time are on their side---however to the very end---RIGHT IS RIGHT!!! WRONG IS WRONG!!!! AND ONES FUTURE SHOULD NOT BE STOLEN WITHOUT ANY ACTION OR REACTION BY YOUR AND MY GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Textron has alot of government contracts---part of the reason for the "slow" (no) government response!!!! Also reports of imported material that may not be quite legal that the DEA is looking at---it is just taking them along time---in common man minutes---however those that are familiar with the US Court system understand how broken our system is and how time is counted in years not months!!!! Thanks for understanding!!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,313  
I can't believe that most people are not that upset with the fact that Textron conspired with a foriegn enemy regime (Iraq) to defraud the UN in the oil for food program. They were found guility and fined millions of dollars by the US government, dispite what they have done and are doing to the remaining Farmtrac dealres. Textron won't let most dealers dust off and move forward. Yes the contracts were signed and the dealers are trying to live up to those obligations but conspiracy to turn bad farmtrac debt into good dealer debt was not planned on. They don't fight fair. So I keep talking to more dealers about the facts. It is easily in textrons ability to discount the tractors enough to get everyone out of this mess. I believe textron turned a poorly run company(farmtrac) on the verge of failing into a scandalous situation that will show once again how textron will do anything to justify a balance sheet! It will ultimately be their demise.
Case

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,314  
New Toy, I understand your confusion looking in from the outside. Bear with us for a little longer. We can not, nor should, even discuss this here.

The details are not here. I hope they never are...........

Tim

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,315  
New Toy, I understand your confusion looking in from the outside. Bear with us for a little longer. We can not, nor should, even discuss this here.

Tim,

Please clarify something...

If details regarding the Farmtrac situation should not be discussed here, how does that:

- Impact the ability to inform/educate the public?
- Bring accountability to persons/companies who've employed malicious and exploitative actions to Farmtrac dealers and their Customers?
- Apply pressure to violators through communication medium?

If this is not the forum to bring those things to light, then....
- by omission, isn't that protecting wrongdoers?
- what is left there to discuss?

(Shall everyone pander and print *nice thoughts* as Tex**on suggested, playing directly into their money-grubbing hands? )

--blueliner

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,316  

Tim

When in the end you do not provide "ALL" the Facts you become not part of the problem but the "Problem"-----The Truth will be told I do not care who is damaged if they are part of the problem and will not come foreward with the truth----will not stand by and let something like this effect another family without their full knowledge of what they are getting into---I know there are a lot of things that the dealers can not comment on until this mess is resolved----BUT---BUT to expect others to stand by silently is as bad as what Textron and FarmTrac has done---they stood by SILENTLY while all this loading was going on!!!!!!!!!!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,317  

Tim

NICE----NICE----NICE----SOME PEOPLE will sell their soul for less than 2%?????-----where do you stand?????

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,318  
Ole Blue-------I wonder if "ALL" the other FarmTrac Dealers feel Like Tim C---never is a very long time?????

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,319  
Ole Blue-------I wonder if "ALL" the other FarmTrac Dealers feel Like Tim C---never is a very long time?????
Red,I think my past posts have reflected my belief that PUBLIC OPINION would be the only real way to get Tex**** to come to a workable solution with the farmtrac dealers and the no warranty and LTZ customers.a court battle is not an option for me and many other dealers, I don't have enough time or money left to go that route, however, if I can raise enough H** to attract public attention to their dirty tactics, maybe I can cost them enough money they won't be able to throw a big celebration when I depart!!The farmtrac dealers owe people like yourself and my good friend Blueliner a debt of gratitude for your unwavering support.Many,many thanks my friends. keep the faith.------Taxpayer

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,320  
Dealers defined their goals at Tarboro. It is a matter of record within the minutes of that meeting.

A perfect win will lead to a confidentiality agreement.

Do we forfeit that win just to damage Textron?

Tim