TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #131  
Spent about 6 hours finishing up the brush-hoggin' before deer season. Had to push some downed Tamaracks out of the way too. Lost a 14' log chain somewhere out there...I suppose I'll find it next year when I next mow it (shiver...). Hopefully I can get out there with the boy and scour the area I lost it in. I'm not so worried about the $50 chain, as I'm worried about what it'll do to my cutter if I find it with that next fall...

Took off the cutter, put it away, and hooked up the box-blade (minus the scarifiers) for impending snow duty. Supposed to be almost 70 degrees today, and into the 60's all week, so I don't imagine the flakes'll be falling anytime soon.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #132  
I pulled out a tree stump today that I had lost to hurricane Ike. Its a 27 horse tractor so it does not just rip the stumps out of the ground. I had to work with it, and I had to do some cutting but I managed to flip it out of its hole today. I washed all of the dirt off of the stump and am going to cut it up tomorrow and finish moving it.

Oh, I did learn that you can pull the front wheels off of the ground. Scared the stuff out of me. I pushed the clutch in and it sat back down but it was a lesson learned. I have a lot to learn I expect.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
Backed filled a 37 foot ditch .
Used all 3 tractors on the task.
I pulled out a tree stump today that I had lost to hurricane Ike. Its a 27 horse tractor so it does not just rip the stumps out of the ground. I had to work with it, and I had to do some cutting but I managed to flip it out of its hole today. I washed all of the dirt off of the stump and am going to cut it up tomorrow and finish moving it.

Oh, I did learn that you can pull the front wheels off of the ground. Scared the stuff out of me. I pushed the clutch in and it sat back down but it was a lesson learned. I have a lot to learn I expect.
I've been kinda covered up with seat time this week but I'm starting to dig my way out now Pun intended.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #134  
Hauled some trash out to the burn pile (I could have walked!)
Figured out if I put the fel full up I can safely toss a bail of hay into it from the top of the barn, then I moved it out to the tree's where our lone cow is hanging out and put it under them so it will stay dry for her.
played with the box blade and then parked it under the carport out of the rain.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #136  
Jumped on the tractor at noon yesterday. Raked leaves and mixed them in the compose pile. Shoveled horse manure in the bucket, mixed the pile, added water, and covered. Drove around scouting the tree line for rocks or boulders(It is a hobby of mine) loaded and dumped at the rock bank. Grabbed the winch and winched out some small boulders out of the ditch, 6pm done.

It was cold today 20ish, could not warm up. I broke out the e-blanket!:cool: By the end of winter I with be driving the tractor naked!!!
:eek::eek::rolleyes::D:D:D

Dan

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME

3/10 hour tiding up the dirt pile in one of the stalls in this building.
1/10 hour smoothing out some small bumps in a little area of the slag driveway L . B .

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #138  
Yesterday graded pad with gannon for a new home.

Put the backhoe on this morning and dug one half the footings and 70 feet of sewer for the underground, going from 30" to 21 inches deep. Terry

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #140  
OMG I just clicked on Brown's thumbnail, he has a PINK photobucket background!!!!!!!!!!

Lord help us.