T2320/TC45DA

/ T2320/TC45DA #1  

John Deere 3520

Silver Member
Has anyone have any experience with this tractor im very interested in it and was just wondering the pros and cons, I was first considering a JD 4320 but i can get a T2320 with cab and loader for the same price as a JD with just a loader so im leaning towards the blue.. please give me some imput.

/ T2320/TC45DA #2  
i'm really pleased with my tc45.......mine's a gear drive.....has great PTO power.......i pull an 88" flail mower with mine and i've cut through things that i honestly didn't think it stood a chance at......

the erogonomics of themachine is great....you can see and everything is easy to get to .......

there are a lot of fellas on here with the tc35-45 series of tractors......i have two buddies with 35s and one of them is REALLY hard on equipment....if someone is going to break something, it would be him.....he hasn't had any problems since 01...

i don't have any complaints, but, then again, mine only has 320 hours on it and i haven't had to work on it....

with the price comparision you gave, that one would be a no brainer.....that cab would be great in the summer and great in the winter.....

/ T2320/TC45DA #3  
Maybe a couple people will get to read this before it gets deleted, but I'll try.

I own a TC45DA cab. It's actually the 2nd one, because the first one was such a hunk of unreliable junk that NH bought it back.

This one hasn't been wonders either.

Plus's
It has great ergonomics
The loader is great, good vision and lifts a LOT more than the JD loader (neighbor has the 55hp JD 4xxx, lifts 150lbs less of fertilizer than my TC)
Nice turning radius, good vision, the HST is nice

Minus's
The electricals are simply bad on these tractors (TC). Don't believe me? do a search on TC's and fuses, there are 100's of posts, a couple every day. And when it fails, you are dead in the water.
I've had the entire roof off (which is a huge stupidly complicated job, don't ask), none of the wires have any grommet's, all the cab models are going to have even more serious electrical issues in a few years.
The cab is totally designed by committe in 3 days and slapped together. Simply not as well put together as a well designed cab from the getgo.
The motor is undersized for altitude. It's not a turbo, and at altitude (5000feet here), it's simply down too much power. At sea level this won't be a problem. Running the HST, the A/C and being down 20% for altitude kills it. Needs 5 more HP or a turbo.
The lift arm stabilizer bars are incredibly undersized. I've replaced mine twice and now just simply welded on some big bars and that seems to work. For something a much smaller MF1433 (33hp) had no issues with, ever and is way under rated capacity. (approx 1800lbs)

I still like NH and I love my TN, but the TC series has issues that simply should have been resolved by now. It's not a new model. I won't be buying another TC (whatever the new designation is) and don't recommend them to others.

/ T2320/TC45DA
Flathead do you have any probs with the motor being slugish sence its a non turbo?? I really like the new holland seems to have alot of great features, but the non turbo does seem to worry but then again look at one of the most popular farm tractors in history a JD 4020 they were a great tractor, but they had 2 more cylinders and 55 more hp.

lonecowboy like i said in the PM it sounds like you got another lemon. I think im going to go right for a new T2320 and make payments on it. If i buy it.

/ T2320/TC45DA
Im also thinking if i buy this tractor im thinking of selling the plow for my truck and get the one for the tractor because I plow 3 driveways and there all right next to me does anyone have any experience with snow plowing with one of these?

/ T2320/TC45DA #6  
LC sorry to hear about so many problems. I had a DX24 and DX33 before upgrading to a DX45 w/cab this last spring. (TC45 in red). The first two took so much abuse and kept on going that sticking with case was an easy decision for me. Only 150 hours so far but can tell you I've extremely satisfied. Plenty of heat in single digit temperatures, air condition will freeze you out in the summer, and the overall performance of the tractor has been great. Only issue so far was a small hydraulic leak that the dealer took care of during my 100 hour service and the radio install was a pita. I just picked up a 84" snow plow this fall and unfortunately I've only plowed one 4-5" snow so far but was very pleased. The plow angle runs off the 3rd function kit, basically plumbs from one of the rear remotes to the front loader brace. One other note - loading the rear tires made a big difference as far as stability and loader work. Best upgrade so far.

/ T2320/TC45DA
nice Farmall yea got there i was planing on getting the tires loaded or wheel weights, but i think im better off with loaded tires. Were did you get that Blade for the loader?? I was thinking of getting one for the front of the tractor itself or a snow bucket,but if the angle plow is about the same price for the loader i will get that you can really stack snow.

/ T2320/TC45DA #8  
I think you will find the JD4320 is a fine tractor with advanced features. It's probably one generation ahead of the 2320 in technology if you compare the turbo engine and eHydro transmission. One of the most significant things is the additional hydraulic flow (2+ gpm) of the JD. If to you, those features do not add up to the difference in price, I'd go for the New Holland in a flash. The NH 2320 is a fine tractor that has been around long enough to have most of its quirks identified and most of them fixed by NH. If you are happy with a test drive and the dealer, I can only assume you will also be happy as an owner.

LoneCowboy had lots of problems with his New Holland TCs (understatement). I think his voice and experience are a valuable addition to this forum. The fact that many of us have different experiences is also an important factor to any formula you might have for making your decision. Nobody can promise perfection, but I think you will find good value for your dollar in New Holland.

/ T2320/TC45DA
Thanks jinman Its kind of hard for me Ive always like JD,but I think the New Holland is a better buy with the cab myself even if the deere has a turbo I dont think it makes it better. Not trying to start a fight with Tractors,but im thinking the New Holland is a better buy.

/ T2320/TC45DA #10  
Were did you get that Blade for the loader?? I was thinking of getting one for the front of the tractor itself or a snow bucket,but if the angle plow is about the same price for the loader i will get that you can really stack snow.

JD the blade was bought from an ebay company - Quick Attach. I paid about $2400 including adding the skid shoes, wing kit, and shipping so they came down in price a little.

As far as function - there seems to be two camps on FEL vs frame mounted blades. I've only used the fel mounted blades so I am not a good source for comparisons. Here's what I've found after about 8 hours pushing snow on both gravel, pavement, flat, and uneven surfaces.

The good -
1. Easy to hookup, take off, etc.
2. Optional Wings are great and take 30 seconds to fold forward and lock in place when you want them.
3. Stacking snow is fast and easy if you have a limited amount of space to put it.
4. Blade seems to be made very well and is a quality piece of equipment.

The bad -
1. Using the skid shoes work great on pavement but make for a little rougher ride on gravel lots.
2. One of my lots is a gravel self storage business with a lot of different levels or grades as each unit drops to a slightly different elevation. Makes keeping the blade at the desired height and not digging difficult, even with skid shoes and float.
3. Even using the float position, the blade can still cause some steering issues on slopes where the front end wants to slide. You have to lift the blade slightly to get the weight back on the front wheels. Not a big deal after you get used to running the blade without float, just a little learning curve.
4. Torquing the loader arms is my only concern. I caught a hidden curve at a good rate of speed, and even with trip springs knocked my can of soda out of the cup holder and gave the tractor and cab one heck of a jolt. Didn't torque the loader or cause any damage which surprised me given the amount of force I hit it with. Just be carefully in unfamiliar areas.

Other Observations
1. The blade with the FEL quickattach really sits out front a good amount.
2. Due to the blade weight of 640#'s and how far it sits out front, loaded rear tires even with a heavy rear blade on back is probably a must.
3. 84" is probably the biggest blade I would put on this tractor, however it handles it with ease and is really a beast pushing snow.
4. Overall very happy so far, driveways can be cleared in minutes, just wishing I had a little more snow to use it.