25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #61  
I, too, am among the "Kioti brainwashed". Like others, I just felt that I got a good value for the dollars invested. Seven years after my purchase, I'm as happy with the tractor as I could be. I've had to have one large repair that (all in all) ended up not being too bad. Even with the purchase price and the repair bill, I'm still a few thousand better off than if I had bought a competitive tractor from another local dealer, so in all likelihood, my next tractor will also be a Kioti.

So I guess if having a good experience with a product makes you want to buy another one of the same brand when the time comes, then brainwashed we are!

I'm curious too about the UTV. The only problem that I have with it is the same problem that I have with essentially all of them - for the money that they cost, I can buy a really nice used 4wd truck that I can drive to town as well as the farm. Now by no means could a truck go the same places that a UTV can go, but in my situation, it can about 97% of the time. My property is mostly open fields/pastures and fencelines, so a full size tractor or truck can go almost anywhere. When I have to take stuff into the woods, I usually take the Yanmar with a carryall or pull my little trailer. So, while I would love a UTV and would no doubt get alot of use out of it, I just can't see ever spending the dollars on it instead of a full-sized truck.

But yes, without a doubt, I'm "Kioti brainwashed".

Take care.

I see a lot of people compare the price of the UTV to that of a truck. To me what I like about them is they are real easy to hop in and out of and if you are working on repairing fences or any other job where you need to hop in and out a lot then these machines shine. I use my tractors mostly now and even my truck when it is dry enough but both of them are a hassle to hop in and out of often just to move forward a 100 feet. And when working in the vineyard or picking apples I am constantly moving them forward which is why I want a UTV so bad. But they are not needed by everyone but for those of us that do need them the price is justified.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #62  
Unless I missed it, nobody mentioned hunter orange camo. Most wildlife, including deer, are keyed in to movement. A solid-coloured object pretty much becomes part of the background to a deer, as long as it is stationary. Camo patterns break up the outline/shape of objects to make their shape less identifiable, but also to mask the effect of movement.
From the earlier comment about what light frequencies deer see, I suspect that deer's eyesight is a lot like red-green colourblindness in people. If this is the case, then orange camo should work well for hunters and still be relatively easy to find your vehicle again in the woods...well, until the leaves change colour in the fall, that is. Maybe a brilliant tourquoise and orange camo pattern would work to overcome both issues!
Oh, yeah, I also think the exchange rate will really work against those of us in Canada who are interested in having one of these new UTVs.
BOB

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #63  
I see a lot of people compare the price of the UTV to that of a truck. To me what I like about them is they are real easy to hop in and out of and if you are working on repairing fences or any other job where you need to hop in and out a lot then these machines shine. I use my tractors mostly now and even my truck when it is dry enough but both of them are a hassle to hop in and out of often just to move forward a 100 feet. And when working in the vineyard or picking apples I am constantly moving them forward which is why I want a UTV so bad. But they are not needed by everyone but for those of us that do need them the price is justified.

You are 100% correct on the ease of getting in and out. The ones that I have jumped up on are much easier than getting in and out of a truck - but then again, they didn't have doors! Even with a cab, a UTV would be easier than a truck.

I would love a UTV if I could pick one up for about $3,000 or $4,000 (of course, you can still by a decent truck for that much too). But if I could find one for that much, it would be worth it to me. Obviously, lots of folks decide that it's worth $7,000 to $10,000 (or more) to them to have a UTV.

My other problem would be lack of cargo space in a UTV compared to a truck. I can carry 8-10 bales of hay, 2 bags of feed, some chainsaws, a pole saw, my fencing bucket, machetes, hatchets, rolls of barbed wire, steel posts, driver, etc. all in the back of truck. Might be able to carry 1/3 of that in a UTV.

Of course, my truck won't fit places that a UTV would. But again, my place is mostly open, so being able to haul more is worth more than being able to fit in tight places.

Ultimately, to each their own. If anybody wants to get rid of a good UTV for $3,000, let me know!

Take care.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #64  
I'd not thought about the UTV versus used truck trade off before. It does seem that a small 4x4 truck like a Ford Ranger would do just about everything a UTV would and the some. If you don't need it on the road then just take the doors off the truck, put some aggressive tires on it and it would function pretty much like a UTV but with greater size/capacity.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #65  
UTV's are fun, and nice. I have to buddies with them and like cruising around in them. But, before I'd plunk down $10K+ for one I'd look seriously at those japanese mini trucks. For about $4K you can get one with 4WD, a hydraulic dump bed, AC, heat, and wipers. They are small enough to go where UTV's can go, but are a lot more "truck". I've even seen one with a PTO.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #66  
UTV's are fun, and nice. I have to buddies with them and like cruising around in them. But, before I'd plunk down $10K+ for one I'd look seriously at those japanese mini trucks. For about $4K you can get one with 4WD, a hydraulic dump bed, AC, heat, and wipers. They are small enough to go where UTV's can go, but are a lot more "truck". I've even seen one with a PTO.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt. They aren't near what some people make you want to believe. My personal opinion is that you'd have way over 10k in one of those things to get it to do what things like this Kioti will do and the Kioti will have some resale value after you use it. You go and make all sorts of home grown modifications to the underpowered mini trucks to make it what it's not and it won't bring anything. I had one and will never own another.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #67  
This is what makes me interested in a Kioti. Any company that can sell a moderately priced product and make their buyers that happy has got to be doing a lot of things right.

Don't need another tractor, but something like a Gator would be nice. Gators are pretty expensive...

I agree totally!! If they can send these out the door, diesel, under $10K, you have got my interest too..... Gators are grossly overpriced.

I can't wait to see one also.
:)

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #68  
I'll fill you guys in later, we are getting ready for meeting all day today.;)

Wallace,

There is a guy in "massey ferguson buying/pricing" has a thread, Not happy with MF.

He wants to buy a new MF but the dealer in his area won't call him back, anyway you can help him.

*Sounds like a John Deere dealer in my area, he has lost a lot of business and only wants to sell Bombardier ATV's.

They have been bringing in tractor trailers and hauling tractors and equipment out of his lot, "Looks like he may be gone".

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #69  
Lets talk "BRAINWASHED"since feb 23 until now 3112 views of this post.HE HE !!I guess folks are real curious about this new Kioti UTV.Great job Kioti keep the new products coming.I for one love it,coobie

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE?
Wallace,

There is a guy in "massey ferguson buying/pricing" has a thread, Not happy with MF.

He wants to buy a new MF but the dealer in his area won't call him back, anyway you can help him.

I have been watching that thread but I don't sell into Canada...
I will only sell a machine where I can service it.