CLEVIS Question

/ CLEVIS Question #1  

Thumper & Buttercup

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2220
Hey Guys,

Did your tractor come with the Clevis on it or not. I'm looking at the IPB and they want $100 for the Clevis only. I think it should have come on the tractor.

/ CLEVIS Question #2  
Clevis? You mean the the horseshoe thingy with the two holes that a pin goes through?
nice to have on the draw bar?

Then no, a tractor dealer shouldn't have to include one.

And they shouldn't cost $100. Try garage sales, flea markets.

What is IPB?

/ CLEVIS Question
Hey Steve,

Tractor came with the draw bar, but the extra piece of metal that the draw bar pin goes through is not on the tractor, the IPB (Military for Illustrated Parts Breakdown...Sorry) lists the clevis at $100. I think it should have come from the factory with it in place, just checking if anyone else got the clevis in place with a new tractor.

/ CLEVIS Question #4  
I don't think I ever saw a tractor sold with a clevis as part of the tractor. If you have a Tractor supply Store nearby you can get one for a lot less than $100. Do you need a straight clevis or a twisted clevis?

/ CLEVIS Question
Hey Greenmtns,

I'll do some measuring and check out TSC, I've gotten a few tractors in my life but they were all mostly older than me:D. Time to look around.

/ CLEVIS Question #6  
but the extra piece of metal that the draw bar pin goes through
I'm still confused, you mean one of these ?

shackleCM.jpg

/ CLEVIS Question #8  
Oh, OK. Pics help tremendously.

No, the plain bar is all you get. They want 100 bucks for #11 ?, that's nuts. Is it JD green ?

/ CLEVIS Question #9  
Mine, new , came with #10 but not #11 .
#10 promply looked like a pretzel after one trip in the woods

/ CLEVIS Question #10  
Mine, new , came with #10 but not #11 .
#10 promply looked like a pretzel after one trip in the woods

My Ford 2120 and New Holland both came with #10 but not #11. Never had a need for one.

In 20 plus years on 2120 and 6 on TN I have never deformed #10 in the slightest. How could you deform it? I would think you would rip the tractor mounting portion off first. My pieces are so solid that I'm not sure my machines could deform them.

Andy