Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that."

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #1  

woodchuckcanuck

Silver Member
Tractor
still looking
How about a look at where you and your tractor pulled off a job that you didn't think could be done. Whether it be digging something up, pulling something out, squeezing through a tight space in the woods, how far you can throw snow etc. For all the talk of nimbleness of SCUT's and CUT's I'd like to see what can be done.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #2  
I dont have pictures of it but I was able to dig a pond and waterfall in two days with just the loader on a JohnDeere 3720 in the rain on a steep hill.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that."
No pics is fine. Stories are welcomed too. :)

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #4  
My latest project was burying the artesian well in my front yard that was blocking my driveway.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/122676-burying-artesian-well-below-grade-2.html

Before that, I tore into my front yard pulling stumps and rocks with the mighty little CUT. The huge stumps and rocks were left to the JD 490D.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/110728-project-front-yard.html

Every winter, it amazes me with how much snow it can throw and how far. I have yet to clog the chute no matter how wet the snow.

Of course the rocks and stumps I move usually amaze me too!

Click thumbnails for larger images

I could go on but the pictures would never end. A good CUT is tough to beat, some larger machines get the job done quicker but also waste more fuel doing it and cost more up front. I also have a slight advantage as there are not too many CUT, if any at all that have the specs of a Kioti CK20.

Derek, Thanks for that. Pics speak volumes, for sure. I initially looked at a CK35HST with quick release FEL, BH and SIMS cab for $31,500. The only thing I don't like about it is the HST pedal. Should I turn away from it just because if that? Like anything I suppose, its a mater of getting used to.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #6  
The only thing I don't like about it is the HST pedal. Should I turn away from it just because if that? Like anything I suppose, its a mater of getting used to.

I can't say that I have driven a tractor with side-by-side HST pedals but I got used to the rocker style pedal very quickly. I press down forward with my entire foot and to go in reverse, I move my foot completely to the rear pedal instead of heel-and-toe style with my foot on the entire pedal. Hope that makes sense. :confused:
I have the split brakes like most tractors but rarely use them, it can be very difficult on an HST tractor. I can use them in forward holding the brake pedal with my toes and HST pedal with my heel but only when necessary like turning in a tight area.

It will be tough to find a tractor that has the capacities, power, and warranty at a competitive price. I have the Sims cab and while I think it was a great deal when I got it ($1895), I don't think it's worth the $3k-$4k they are asking now. It's not very sturdy and not well mounted so after a few years of rough ground it shakes and studders with every bump plus the door swings open with every bump (door latch is not adjustable). The heat works great and I am glad I got it but I would much rather pay for a factory cab then the aftermarket now that it's not that much more. Either way, Kioti makes a great tractor and you won't be disappointed.

I know that price is Canadian but price out a DK40SE with the KL401 loader, it has twice the loader capacity (2700+lbs :eek: ) with just a little more engine power and same size frame.

The price I got at that dealer for a DK40SE w/ HST, factory cab, FEL & BH was $41,000. Without cab is $35,500. That dealer also offers a $1,500 cash payment rebate.

Another dealer is offering the DK40se w/ HST, factory cab, FEL and 7.5ft BH for $42,200 but that was while the free loader deal was on. I haven't gone back to him since then. He was offering the 8.5ft BH for an extra $700.

To compare in $US, just take 7% or so off the $CAD.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #8  
I can't believe I just won a bid for a ford 5000 in very good condition .................I just picked up a tractor for 600.00

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #9  
Here is a project I dd completely with my tractor. We have a small creek/drainage ditch that runs along the back side of our property. It drains into our 15 acre lake. Over the years it had silted in completely and the water coming down the creek would just spread out over a couple of acres and make a huge mess. I decided to clean out the creek and give myself some much needed drainage control. Here are some pictures that show the creek before, during cleanout, and draining afterward.

Attachments

• SandCreek0.JPG
    SandCreek0.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Sandcreek00.jpg
    Sandcreek00.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Sandcreek01.jpg
    Sandcreek01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Sandcreek02.jpg
    Sandcreek02.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Sandcreek04.JPG
    Sandcreek04.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Sandcreek05.jpg
    Sandcreek05.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 255
  • CreekFlow-a.JPG
    CreekFlow-a.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 288
  • CreekFlow2a.JPG
    CreekFlow2a.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 332
   / Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #10  
Here is a project I dd completely with my tractor. We have a small creek/drainage ditch that runs along the back side of our property. It drains into our 15 acre lake. Over the years it had silted in completely and the water coming down the creek would just spread out over a couple of acres and make a huge mess. I decided to clean out the creek and give myself some much needed drainage control. Here are some pictures that show the creek before, during cleanout, and draining afterward.

WOW ! ! ! Really nice job. i don't think i would have had the Brass marbles to try to do a job like that with a tractor. You must have done that during a dry spell, or did you just cut a whole new ditch. what ever you did it looks great