Good job of chaining down your tractor?

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #32  
I thought it was 25mph. :confused:

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #33  
I could forgive a lot of problems if kept under 35 MPH at all times.

I would guess 1/3 of all my large loads have never gone near 35mph, it amazes me that people want to run down the highway full speed and only want to half ***** the saftey side of it.

But at least on IL interstates you will be able to run 65mph after the first of the year as the gov signed law so trucks over 4ton & vechiles towing trailers can travel same speed as other cars.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #34  
I thought...
...hoped, my friend...hoped...

Pulling loaded trailers is serious business. Some folks just don't seem to get that.

In a good bit of planning on my part, my wife totally agrees that my next truck will need to be much more significant because of all the towing I do. Not that my Expedition is a bad truck for what I use it for, but a 3/4 ton Suburban would fit the bill a little better.

Nothing warms my heart more than a 1989 S-10 towing a 30' long travel trailer 70 MPH down the interstate without weight distribution or sway control. I get by him as quickly as possible...or let him stay WAY in front of me.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #35  
Looking at these pictures I can tell you that this guy has his tractor tied down better than most in Mississippi. I can't tell you how many times I have actually heard people say "The parking brake will be fine if you aren't going very far."

Not just Mississippi, I hear that around here as well.

Note, tie down rings into a wood floor ARE NOT to be used for equipment. Landscaper I know was telling me about getting a job because the previous bid winner had lost his skidsteer on a corner due to the tie down ripping out of the boards :eek:

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #36  
...hoped, my friend...hoped...

Pulling loaded trailers is serious business. Some folks just don't seem to get that.

In a good bit of planning on my part, my wife totally agrees that my next truck will need to be much more significant because of all the towing I do. Not that my Expedition is a bad truck for what I use it for, but a 3/4 ton Suburban would fit the bill a little better.

Nothing warms my heart more than a 1989 S-10 towing a 30' long travel trailer 70 MPH down the interstate without weight distribution or sway control. I get by him as quickly as possible...or let him stay WAY in front of me.

?

I thought the limit for a SMV was 25mph.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #37  
[A bigger issue is the way he has his ball mount flipped./QUOTE]
I fail to see what the problem is there. I have to do that on my trailer (5" up) and I'm normally over 1000lb tongue load.
BTW from your first post DP I realized you do actually fly a Diamond. I work for a large corpoated flight department as a mechanic.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #38  
[A bigger issue is the way he has his ball mount flipped./QUOTE]
I fail to see what the problem is there. I have to do that on my trailer (5" up) and I'm normally over 1000lb tongue load.

X2.

If the ball was the other way, the trailer tongue would be practically scraping the pavement with the rear of the F-150 is sagging.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #39  
Oh, my mistake. I thought he was saying turning a ball mount over was unsafe. I'm of the mind they are the same rating either way.

/ Good job of chaining down your tractor? #40  
Oh, my mistake. I thought he was saying turning a ball mount over was unsafe. I'm of the mind they are the same rating either way.

Turning the ball over would help to level the trailer and reduce the chance of overloading the rear axle.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Pallet of (20) Plastic Ballard Covers. (A33079)
Pallet of (20)...
Spring Coiled Hoses (A34007)
Spring Coiled...
FASTENAL BOLT BEND W/BOLTS,  ETC (A34011)
FASTENAL BOLT BEND...
International Disc (A33041)
International Disc...
Vertical Reality 24ft Portable Rock Climbing Wall, (A33078)
Vertical Reality...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...