Do tractors have title

/ Do tractors have title #1  

MKMM

I am going to look at tractors today and the one I talked with so far said there is no title.He has a lien on the tractor so what keeps someone from selling you a tractor with a lien and keeping the money.Thanks

/ Do tractors have title #2  
From what I have found in Wisconsin, you can't put a lien on something that doesn't have a title. And tractors are not titled.

Who holds the lien against the tractor? Can you get a copy of the legal document establishing the lien?

-r-

/ Do tractors have title
Its some sort of a commercial lein but its with a ag credit co

/ Do tractors have title #4  
Sounds like he still owes money on the tractor. I could be wrong.:)

/ Do tractors have title #5  
...so what keeps someone from selling you a tractor with a lien and keeping the money?

Not much, I suppose, but in Michigan, we have a filed lien system with the State. The lien is registered, if you will.

It would catch up to the guy though. It's fraud, a kind of larceny and yeah. They'd prosecute, bet your bottom dollar.

/ Do tractors have title
Met the guy and looked at the tractor he listed it as a 2003 JD 5210 but its a 2000 I think.It has a CCL lien on it which he gave me the payoff co and info so I will get a Cashiers check made out to them.I gave him a deposit and will get the tractor tomorrow it looked and ran great but I was unsure about the title issue so I put it off a day.I would have never thought something so expensive would not have a title, I have several 4 wheelers and even they have titles.learn something new everyday.Does anyone know how to read a SN on a JD to check mfg date? Thanks again for all your help it really helps.

/ Do tractors have title #7  
Ask that serial number question on the J.D. specific channel here.
You might get a quicker response from the green boys hangin' out there. :D

/ Do tractors have title #8  
In IL your lender files a U4 form and with the county the loan is in and yes lots of fraud out there thus the reason its hard to get loans on used equipment.

/ Do tractors have title
I was writing the guy a check no bank involved,thats why I was so nervous.Got a Texas Bill of Sale for 8.00 online and sent a cashers check to his lender so should be ok.Gona be hard to find now anyway it's in my barn.
Thanks for all the help,I am sure I will be back with other questions.

/ Do tractors have title #10  
Tractor titles ;) At one time Hart-Parr made tractors called the Oil King and the Road King. There were also the Field Marshall tractors. There's a Royal Tractor Company, but that's not really a title. There's Power King, Power Queen, Country Squire tractors and Prince Tractors too.

Do tractors have titles??? Of COURSE they do! :D:D:D