Won't get fooled again

/ Won't get fooled again #81  
Well, I reckon you're humble opinion is as good as anyone else's, or at the very least, as good as mine.:D We'll just have to agree to disagree.;) I don't think the price was out of line, but I do think customers should be told before hand what the price will be.

good enough for me !!:D:D:D

ive vented enough on this subject , time for me to think happy thoughts :):) my curtis hardside cab will be in thurs !! wooo hooo:):):):)

/ Won't get fooled again #82  
Well, I reckon you're humble opinion is as good as anyone else's, or at the very least, as good as mine.:D We'll just have to agree to disagree.;) I don't think the price was out of line, but I do think customers should be told before hand what the price will be.

Excellent point Bird. I have no problem with a shop/dealer charging any price for any service as long as the customer knows the cost before hand. But if I remember correctly (this has been a long thread) the OP was told one price yet he was charged more which I do have a problem with.

/ Won't get fooled again #83  
Excellent point Bird. I have no problem with a shop/dealer charging any price for any service as long as the customer knows the cost before hand. But if I remember correctly (this has been a long thread) the OP was told one price yet he was charged more which I do have a problem with.

Went back and read the OP and didn't see any price quoted.

I may be way off, but how hard is it to say, "How much will it cost"? Seems to me the onus is on the tractor owner not the dealer. Do you ask the price of the tractor before you buy it or just call some dealer and have them send one out without knowing the cost?

/ Won't get fooled again #84  

I may be way off, but how hard is it to say, "How much will it cost"? Seems to me the onus is on the tractor owner not the dealer. Do you ask the price of the tractor before you buy it or just call some dealer and have them send one out without knowing the cost?

I agree with you that the owner should ask, if there's any doubt, but who among us has not failed to ask prices in advance when we thought we had an idea about what something was going to cost?:D

/ Won't get fooled again #85  
I agree with you that the owner should ask, if there's any doubt, but who among us has not failed to ask prices in advance when we thought we had an idea about what something was going to cost?:D

Yeah and we know how that works; did that this summer myself and wound up paying more than I thought I should, but I have no one to blame but myself; believe me I tried...

/ Won't get fooled again #86  

Read post 34.

/ Won't get fooled again #87  
One mistake the dealer might have made if the op is correct on $ 80. parts charge, there should have been a $ 100. or so for sudt. That drops the labor rate a little from the $ 136.00 or whatever. If you don't trust the dealer to charge you a fair price, then I certainly would not trust or allow them to service my tractor.

/ Won't get fooled again #88  
   / Won't get fooled again #89  
I have tried to read this carefully and might be totally missed it but is that 50 hour service ONLY fluids and filters?

The past year I did 100% change out of fluids and filters (well still have one front axle to go) and the cost on a 68 hp 2 wheel drive with manual trans and 27 hp 4 wheel drive with HST was over $300. I do use synthetic engine oils and top quality trans fluids and such. By the time I was through with the changing and washing me up and putting fluids in containers to dispose of told a friend of mine who has a shop, I will pay you next time. But I doubt it. Not for the cost, just the transportation

/ Won't get fooled again #90  
For those of you that perform the service yourself, be sure to keep all receipts in case if you need to prove it later on.

A buddy of mine didn't keep all of the receipts for oil changes in his Dodge truck. When his Hemi blew at 50k miles, he had to eat a $4000 replacement bill.