At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
We have a "one call" number that we can call to get the utility companies to mark their lines. The wife called tonight. They'll mark the lines within 72 hours.

/ At Home In The Woods
Nails, Nails, Nails!

We have nails in the front yard, lots of them.

The wife checked the cost to rent a nail magnet; it was $30/day. Today I went to Northern Tools and bought this one on sale for $60.

attachment.php

I put a trash can and the magnet inside the house as a hint to the workers to help keep the nails in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.JPG
    IMG_3599.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 912
  • 253420_lg.jpg
    253420_lg.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 917
   / At Home In The Woods
Here are some pictures of the back of the house.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_3588.JPG
    IMG_3588.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 946
   / At Home In The Woods
Is the new contractor still working out well?
The new contractor is doing great! He's easy to deal with. He's open to hearing how we would like things done. He has fixed things that we didn't notice or ask him to fix at no extra cost. His crew gets here early and works long days. He has worked along side his crew most days. They worked on Saturday. The other day my wife came up to me and said "I could almost cry." I braced myself thinking something must gone wrong with the house. The wife then says, "It's so nice to not have to worry about how the house is being built."

What came about with bringing out the inspector and you living in the trailer? Hopefully, no cans of worms opened?
Yes, the wife had the inspector come out and look at the house. The inspector made some suggestions but her eyes were much more forgiving than ours. The good news is the inspector did not say a word about the camper. The office where she works is also the zoning enforcement office. So it looks like living in the camper will not be an issue while we are building the house. That was a relief.

Also, how are the wife and baby doing? Give them our warmest regards.
Cyril, thanks for asking.
attachment.php

A picture is worth a thousand words. The wife and baby are both doing great. I love being a dad. Our little girl is almost 8 weeks old. She has gotten much more alert recently. She sits in my lap and watches me intently for many minutes without changing her gaze. I think that as far as newborns go, she has been pretty easy to take care of so far.

Overall, things are going really well now. The weather has been like a tropical paradise the past week. Lows in the mid-fifties, highs about 80, 30% humidity, and sunny. We have a contractor who is conscientious and knows what he's doing. Everyone is healthy.

attachment.php

And the roof is on.

On Easter Sunday this past weekend, the wife and I went out to the house and thanked God for our property and house and dedicated them to Him as a place to care for our family (children and older parents) and to use as He directs. It seemed a fitting thing to do as we remembered all He has done for us. As Easter symbolizes new beginnings, it seems to me that our house has a new beginning with all the quality work that was done during the days surrounding this Easter holiday.

We have been blessed.

Attachments

• IMG_3389 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3389 (Small).JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 895
  • IMG_3562.JPG
    IMG_3562.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:
   / At Home In The Woods #995  
Obed, it seems you're making so much progress that I don't know how you keep from tripping over it.;) All of a sudden, things are moving very quickly. Maybe that's because doing things right the first time really is the shortest way of doing something.:thumbsup:

/ At Home In The Woods #996  
The wife and baby are both doing great. I love being a dad.
We have a contractor who is conscientious and knows what he's doing. Everyone is healthy.
On Easter Sunday this past weekend, the wife and I went out to the house and thanked God for our property and house and dedicated them to Him as a place to care for our family (children and older parents) and to use as He directs. It seemed a fitting thing to do as we remembered all He has done for us. As Easter symbolizes new beginnings, it seems to me that our house has a new beginning with all the quality work that was done during the days surrounding this Easter holiday.

We have been blessed.

All well said and deserves a heart-felt Amen!:) May the Lord bless you and yours. Like my signature says below, Joshua 1:9.

/ At Home In The Woods #997  
Obed, it seems you're making so much progress that I don't know how you keep from tripping over it.;) All of a sudden, things are moving very quickly. Maybe that's because doing things right the first time really is the shortest way of doing something.:thumbsup:

I couldn't say it any better, so I just quoted what Jim said!!!!!

Nice to see things coming together for you. At one point I was worried about the house you were building, but now I'm feeling allot better about it and think you are on the right track to building the dream house you deserve.

Good Job,
Eddie

/ At Home In The Woods #998  
After a long winter with a frozen toilet, baby born, fired contractor, messed up things in house, etc I am sure you are almost breathing a sigh a relief. Just don't let up and keep an eye on things to keep it moving along. :thumbsup: congrats, this sure has been a interesting reading.

/ At Home In The Woods #999  
I'm glad to hear that things are going smoother. It has to have been a very stressful winter. I pray that things run smoothly for you as they progress from here.

God bless.

/ At Home In The Woods #1,000  
You are going to invite us all to the open house? You know, the technical consultants :D

Looking good!!

number 1000, wooo hooo!!

Last edited: