028 WB chain saw

/ 028 WB chain saw #1  

terrybull54

saw starts great and i am cutting away and then it shuts off??? then i wait a few minutes and it starts and runs a few more minutes. replace the spark plug and the fuel filter also cleaned the breather assbly. help

/ 028 WB chain saw
saw starts great and i am cutting away and then it shuts off??? then i wait a few minutes and it starts and runs a few more minutes. replace the spark plug and the fuel filter also cleaned the breather assbly. help

please help me i have trees down in the road

/ 028 WB chain saw #3  
I had that problem the dealer told me to try non-ethanol gas; it worked for me.

/ 028 WB chain saw #5  
Also check the fuel supply lines--if they have any cracks or are deteriorated at all they may cause similar symptoms

/ 028 WB chain saw #7  
Check your hoses. The hose in the tank may be soft and collapsing. Check the impulse hose if it has one; that is what makes the diaphragm pump gas(goes from carb to crankcase). Check the tank vent too.

As long as you are at it, check the muffler for obstruction(is the spark arrestor screen clean?)

Are you using good fresh gas with a quality oil? I run my saws on premium, with Husky or Stihl premium oil. Fresh premium gas and oil...

The other possibility is the ignition is failing when it gets hot.

With todays gas, if I replace a filer, I replace the fuel hose too.

You might ask or search the chainsaw forum at arboristsite too.

/ 028 WB chain saw #8  
I had that problem the dealer told me to try non-ethanol gas; it worked for me.

I've heard this before. Tell me again where you buy ethanol free gas besides the marina or airport?

/ 028 WB chain saw #9  
I've heard this before. Tell me again where you buy ethanol free gas besides the marina or airport?

Non-ethanol gas in and of itself is not going to make the saw run, something else is wrong (assuming the mix that is in there is not old.) Howerever, gas with ethanol will deteriorate hoses, filters, and diaphragms over time....and produce same symptom you are experiencing.

/ 028 WB chain saw #10  
When I have had this happen, 8 times out of ten it was what Egon first related to. Clean your exhaust screen first. That usually rights the ship and is the easiest thing to do before you start thinking of other things. Those little bolts holding the muffler together usually break so have some spares or liberally spray Liquid Wrench ( which I think is the best of its kind commercially for this kind of thing) and let it sit for a day. What happens here is that hot exhaust gases are not sufficiently exiting which builds up all kinds of internal heat. Eventually the coil picks up the excess heat and shuts down the saw. that's why the saw will run for a little while at first and then run times get progressively shorter as the coil cannot rid itself of the heat. This scenario can certainly weaken the coil if it is kept up. Let us know and if the screen unclogging doesn't fix the saw , I'll relate to you how to properly test the coil.