Comparison Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !!

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #1  

diesel466

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I have been looking at the B series kubota, The B2620 or B2920 mostly but dealer shows me a new B3300 and says I can buy it for less than the B2920. So I think great, bigger tractor more horsepower. So I take it for a drive, nice until l push the throttle past 2000 rpm. The pedals start to buzz and floor boards and levers are shaking like crazy!! So we tried a differant one, same thing. It looks like this model has the same viberation issues as the b3200, I relize they use the same engine, but thought they might have fixed problem. It might be better with a attachment on it, I don't think I could live with it, so back to a B2620 for me.

Last edited:
   / Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #2  
Yeah, I don't know what to tell ya, they vibrate. My 3200 annoys me sometimes but I chalk it up to it being a tractor which is a machine and machines vibrate. I didn't know about this forum when I bought mine and when I tried it out, I didn't take it above 2000 rpm's. To late now, its mine.

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #3  
Have you looked at any of the Bxx30 tractors? I prefer them over the Bxx20.

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #4  
Try L2800..about the same hp but tad bigger than B's...almost same $$$'s

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !!
I have not seen any at the local dealers and I believe the 3030 has the same engine as the b3200/3300. I do like the added features but not for 3000.00 more.

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #6  
I was thinking more along the lines of the B2630 v B2620, but while vibration seems to be a common complaint on the B3200, I don't remember anyone mentioning it on the B3030. May be different tuning, engine mounting or no one is complaining about them.

$3000 to me over the lifetime of a tractor is not a really big consideration as opposed to operating something for tent, fifteen or more years that you don't like.

I do realize that if $3000 stands between getting a tractor or not that makes a difference, but I have bought used to get what I wanted for less money.

Good luck in your search, I know how hard it can be.

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #7  
If those engines do not have proper engine mounts the only way to solve it is add suitcase wieghts to the front end and load the rear tires.

If the low idle is even and regular with no hickups from slow timing/fuel delivery it is always smooth.

If the machine vibrates when it is raised from a warm low idle its either the poor fuel delivery or lack of proper motor mounts-I honestly suspect the latter to be the case in most of the three cylider shake problems as a few problem would show up quickly.

The 3 cylinder Duetz engines do not have this issue because of the isolation engine mounts under the mounting legs in any of the engines uses-no mounting to frames with no isolation.

I would love to see what they have for motor mounts in those things up close.

The thing is it is easily solved and they are not making an effort to solve the issue as the proper motor mount absorbs the vibration and cancels it out period.

there is no crank balance issue as the motor would have torn itself apart during the run through before it was crated and shipped.

Adding a counterwieght to the fan pulley would not solve the issue as the side to side vibration from resonance is the problem if the motor is mounted using the engines standard flange plates for the left and right front corners.

If any of you have pictures or could post pictures in and of the engine compartment and along the frame rails to teh radiator on both sides I would love to see them.

The other question that comes to mind is whether the fuel is high sulphur or low sulphur and what the cetane level is.

leon

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !!
The engine is mounted solid to the front frame just like the 3cyl. models and those are very smooth, So I am not sure where it comes from .

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #9  
I have been looking at the B series kubota, The B2620 or B2920 mostly but dealer shows me a new B3300 and says I can buy it for less than the B2920. So I think great, bigger tractor more horsepower. So I take it for a drive, nice until l push the throttle past 2000 rpm. The pedals start to buzz and floor boards and levers are shaking like crazy!! So we tried a differant one, same thing. It looks like this model has the same viberation issues as the b3200, I relize they use the same engine, but thought they might have fixed problem. It might be better with a attachment on it, I don't think I could live with it, so back to a B2620 for me.

I experienced the same thoughts when test driving a B3200. That drove me to the '30 series - woulda like to had a B3030 (which was very smooth by the way), but I didn't want to put out that much dough, and the B2630 was the same size tractor, just a few less horses - and even smoother yet...

So, it was B2630 for me. :thumbsup:

/ Test drove a b3300 and still shaking !! #10  
I've never operated a B3200 or 3300, but I can say I have no annoying vibration problems with my B3030. Its my understanding that to get the extra 2 or 3 hp out of the engines, Kubota raised the RPMs over the 30 hp version of the engine......... I suspect this is at least part of the problem.

Keep in mind some of the cost savings on the 3300 is the lack of a mid PTO, so if you've ever thought about a mid mount mower or front mounted snow blower, the 3300 is not an option.