Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,121  
Update on the 10 inch 80T saw blade I bought - after a few cuts, it developed a definite wobble. Kind of hurt the eyes to watch it spin down in the table saw, not to mention the material I was cutting. Had to return it, which HF accepted cheerfully. Heat treating is crucial on these things which is why really good blades cost.
I think I'll pass on getting the dust mop for my wife's b-day gift. She really needs a new ironing board.
Seriously, I am going to check out these garden lights that others have suggested. It is totally black here at night, so they sound like fun.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,122  
I need a small portable table saw. HF, HD, and Lowe's all sell the same saw with different options. After making comparisons, it looks like Lowe's wins this time. Their version is $140 with blade and stand. And a one year parts warranty. Essentially the same saw from HF is $130 + blade ($8) + stand ($30). 30 day return warranty.

Home Depot's version is a little cheaper (with blade and stand) but it's 13 amps instead of 15, the cut depth/rip width are both a little smaller, and it won't accommodate a dado blade.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,123  
Hmm I wonder should I take this tool back? I'm still new to the world of air tools but since I did not feel like driving plus paying a toll to get to HF that's closest to me I went to Home depot and picked up the Husky 3/8" air ratchet.. the specs are 65 Ft-lb and 4 CFM @ 90 PSI.

So looking at the earthquake model at HF it's like $69 plus using the 20% off it's not a bad deal (I spent $59 for the Huskey) Now I'm thinking about taking it out and I haven't used it yet..

Now my question is I have some bolts that are hard to get off plus my earthquake impact is too large to get the rear bolts off for the rear disc brakes on my Subaru I'd have to check again but I think with a extension I still wont have enough room because of the suspension parts..

Now I know the ratchet is not an impact but How does it do on bolts that are stuck?

the earthquake is **** good saved me a lot of cursing at bolts last night took about 10 seconds holding the trigger down yesterday to get the caliper off but the bolt slowly came out.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,124  
Now I know the ratchet is not an impact but How does it do on bolts that are stuck?

Speaking from personal experience, an air ratchet is for speed, not for power. If you have bolts stuck and you can't get to them with an impact, use a good breaker bar. Then put the air ratchet on it. I love my air ratchet for those bolts in a spot where you can turn a wrench something like 1/64 of a turn.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,125  
I'd love to fit a breaker bar in that area.. it's just too tight the body of the 1/2" air impact is just a tad to big in order for me to move the socket onto the nut.

I think I'm still going to take this Husky air ratchet back having not used it yet.. should I get the earthquake 100 ft-lb rated ratchet? I figure what I spent for the husky with the HF plus the 20% discount they are pretty much the same in price just about $1.68 more..

I think if I use a extension socket I might be able to make it I'd have to check in the morning for what's really coming up short.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,127  
I'd love to fit a breaker bar in that area.. it's just too tight the body of the 1/2" air impact is just a tad to big in order for me to move the socket onto the nut.

I think I'm still going to take this Husky air ratchet back having not used it yet.. should I get the earthquake 100 ft-lb rated ratchet? I figure what I spent for the husky with the HF plus the 20% discount they are pretty much the same in price just about $1.68 more..

I think if I use a extension socket I might be able to make it I'd have to check in the morning for what's really coming up short.
I love my Air IMPACT ratchet from IR.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,128  
Picked up the 1/2 version feels good but did not get to test it out just yet

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,129  
I love my Air IMPACT ratchet from IR.

I would love an IR at a HF price. :D

We are getting a storge building built and when I can get all of my tools in one place I will test the new hand held band saw that has gotten buried again before getting it out of the box. I have not forgot about posting the results when it happens. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,130  
I did just recently get a HF hand held band saw. It works pretty slick. No complaints on it (yet).

I assume you're talking about their orange handheld metal band saw. Had mine two years, cut a lot of angle iron for small projects with it with decent results. New owners should immediately throw away the blade that comes on it and go to a good tool jobber and buy a few high quality blades. I broke the cheesy Chinese blade the first ten minutes, a top quality American made replacement has lasted two years so far cutting up to 3" angle iron. Loud as heck (wear ear protection). Well worth the $89 or whatever it was I paid for it two years ago, made my little shop welding projects much faster/easier. I'd still like to have a good bench-type metal band saw, but haven't prioritized the funds for one yet. I see HF has one now but don't know anything about it. Maybe they're ok, maybe not.