Delivery time?

/ Delivery time? #1  

Chuck on lake

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
Yep, waiting is the hard part and I have just started! I ordered a 2011 JD 3720 with cab on Monday, Oct 18th. I will be trading in my JD 4400 with a Curtis Cab. Obviously had to get some new attachments also. However I am looking for recent experience in delivery times. As I search TBN and other sources it looks like it can take around 6-8 weeks from order to delivery and yet my dealer says about 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has recent experience with the delivery time for a JD CUT. Thanks and it is great to read the posts on TBN

/ Delivery time? #2  
Yep, waiting is the hard part and I have just started! I ordered a 2011 JD 3720 with cab on Monday, Oct 18th. I will be trading in my JD 4400 with a Curtis Cab. Obviously had to get some new attachments also. However I am looking for recent experience in delivery times. As I search TBN and other sources it looks like it can take around 6-8 weeks from order to delivery and yet my dealer says about 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has recent experience with the delivery time for a JD CUT. Thanks and it is great to read the posts on TBN

Geez, I think congrats is in order. 3720 with a cab.....NICE.!!!

Be sure to convince us with pictures.:thumbsup:

/ Delivery time? #3  
Typically when the dealer places the order for the tractor Deere gives him a delivery or build date. Last week when ordering the X749 I asked my dealer specifically about people ordering tractors that were taking several months to get such as Brian's. He commented that he has gotten all of them within six weeks and most run about three weeks. He felt the long waits were dealer issues most likely, he said there is no large backlog of tractor orders right now but implied that would be nice (wishful thinking). Combines though can have long waits but not CUT's.

/ Delivery time? #4  
Congrats on the new tractor purchase.

please show us some photos of the new arrival if you can when it shows up

/ Delivery time?
Thanks for the replies. My dealer says he will have much more information right after November 1. I will keep TBN posted when I hear anything. No snow in sight and the gravel road is in good shape so I will just relax :laughing: and wait!

/ Delivery time? #6  
Congrats on the new JD. I have a 2010 3720 cab they are great machines. The only thing I didn't like was it seemed pretty tippy. But I added wheel spacers and can't believe the difference.

/ Delivery time?
I wondered about stability. Where can I find more information about the wheel spacers? Are they expensive? I have overshot my budget on this purchase already! Thanks for the "heads up" on potential stability issues.

/ Delivery time? #8  
I ordered a 2320 Monday and pick it up tomorrow. But the dealer is huge with like 6 stores so it was in stock at a different store.

/ Delivery time?
WOW That is really super. Glad you didn't have to wait and I bet it gets put to work right away. I have not heard anything about my unit and because I bugged the dealer so much about details I am simply laying low. Thanks for the update!

/ Delivery time? #10  
I know what you mean. I ordered my first tractor, a 3038e, on Friday October the 22nd. The dealer told me it should arrive in about 10 days, so I'll take delivery on November the 5th. This is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.:confused2: