Quick Hitches How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #1  

mars1952

Silver Member
Tractor
1999 John Deere 4300 12/12 sync-reverse
I stumbled onto this idea one day when I had a bunch of very large rocks to move. I moved most of them with my FEL but I could barely get them off the ground. Some of them were too heavy to lift with the FEL. I remembered that the 3PH was much stronger than the FEL. I stared at the iMatch hooked up to my 3PH and tried to decide where to weld on some hooks. That is when I noticed that the iMatch already had 3 very strong hooks on it. I dropped my Bush Hog and backed up to the stone. I draped the center of chain over the lower hooks and sawed the ends of the chain under the sides of the rock. Then I draped the one end of the chain over the top hook and coupled the other end to it. Using this technique I can pick up rocks and logs that are much too heavy to pick up with the FEL.

I made a short video of the technique and posted it on Youtube. Here is the link:

How to Lift Heavy Stuff with your 3PH

Please Comment, share and "Like" my videos.
Thanks, Mars
P.S. A picture is worth a thousand words and a 10 minute video has about one hundred thousand pictures in it.

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #2  
Very good idea!!!!
Thanks for posting and thank you for the video!

(BTW, you should correct your signature...you have a 420 loader, not a 410)

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #3  
I would have cut it in half and picked it up with the FEL.......

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #4  
Well, I can say once again that I learned something today. I shall lock this away in the old cranium for the next time I need it...and no doubt that will happen. It's a much easier method than trying to heft it with the FEL. :D:thumbsup:

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #5  
That's a good idea but I would caution you about one thing when doing that.

The chain stretched over your bottom hooks will have a tendency to slip throught the hooks a bit and could pull the sides of your iMatch hitch to the center. It would be a good idea to have a stiff leg, ie a piece of pipe cut to the correct length and the chain run through it, between the hooks. That way you would never have to worry about pulling your hitch together.

Just my 2 cents of course but just so you know, I have bent a quick hitch using it in a similar manner.

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #6  
Great idea, but I'm absolutely shocked that your tractor's loader wouldn't pick that up. My tractor is a little smaller than yours and would laugh at that. Are you sure things are as they're supposed to be with you're hydraulics? I see you upgraded cylinders, but still...

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #7  
Mars, why don't you modify your forks to fit on the 3ph by adding the lift points?
nspec is correct in that you FEL should have lifted that log without any real problem.

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #8  
Well I am thinking maybe the OP used the log as a "prop" for his video, he mentioned picking up some very heavy rocks with this method, but he did not show that for one reason or another. He could probably have picked up the log with those forks, but wanted to show the method, and this was convenient. As an example my 3pt. coupled up close like that would pickup almost twice what my FEL could do.. I dont know, but just thinking.

James K0UA

/ How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #9  
   / How To Lift Really Heavy Stuff with Your 3PH iMatch #10  
mars1952 said:
I stumbled onto this idea one day when I had a bunch of very large rocks to move. I moved most of them with my FEL but I could barely get them off the ground. Some of them were too heavy to lift with the FEL. I remembered that the 3PH was much stronger than the FEL. I stared at the iMatch hooked up to my 3PH and tried to decide where to weld on some hooks. That is when I noticed that the iMatch already had 3 very strong hooks on it. I dropped my Bush Hog and backed up to the stone. I draped the center of chain over the lower hooks and sawed the ends of the chain under the sides of the rock. Then I draped the one end of the chain over the top hook and coupled the other end to it. Using this technique I can pick up rocks and logs that are much too heavy to pick up with the FEL.

I made a short video of the technique and posted it on Youtube. Here is the link:

How to Lift Heavy Stuff with your 3PH

Please Comment, share and "Like" my videos.
Thanks, Mars
P.S. A picture is worth a thousand words and a 10 minute video has about one hundred thousand pictures in it.

Mars, in your video you mention that you modified your FEL to be stronger. What did you do?