Loader Who removes their FEL?

/ Who removes their FEL? #31  
My TC40D is also my lawnmower. This tractor has the longer 17LA loader to accomodate the SuperSteer option. That loader is a real pain to manuver in tight spots and near buildings. Taking the loader off turns a schoolbus into a sports car. It is about a 5 minute or less job to do. I would feel very foolish if I hit my house because I was to lazy to remove the loader. I like my New Holland but I must admot that Deere has a slicker operating quick attach loader.

/ Who removes their FEL? #32  
Andy, what kind of mower do you have on your 40? Is it a finish mower? What size? What quality cut do you get? (lawn quality?)

/ Who removes their FEL? #33  
I will need to take my loader off. I have a 1310 with a 770. I bought the loader operators manual. It's great if you just got a brand new loader in the crate. However it doesn't talk me through removing and installing the loader. I understand it's not much tougher than falling off a log. But I'd like to have a clear understanding about how to remove and reattach it. Can you point me to some instructions or maybe give me some tips?

Thanks,
Dave

/ Who removes their FEL? #34  
I have not had my loader off in the 3 years I have had the tractor. I use the tractor on property mostly. There, as Jinman indicated, I like the loader as ballast to my backhoe or the rotarty cutter. Property is in the mountains so the additional weight on the front end helps. Also when we go there we stay in a camper and I have to haul water from the spring. I use the grapple with a 30 gallon tank to haul water. I seldom take the grapple off. I does get tricky moving around the trees and other stuff on the property but the HST is handy for that.

/ Who removes their FEL? #35  
on my tc30 i'll remove the fel if i'm doing a lot of mowing so i can get closer to fences and trees. other than that it stays on. don't have a quick attach bucket, if i did i might just drop the bucket.

/ Who removes their FEL? #36  
I used to remove my loader almost every time I used my rotary cutter, but it has now actually been a long time that I did anything but drop the bucket. When I mow slopes where I have to back down, having the FEL on the front gives me additional ballast I need. Also I sometimes leave the bucket or grapple on to pick deadfall limbs as I mow. I love the maneuverability of my tractor with the loader off, but I'm spoiled to what I can do with it and have enough attention deficit disorder that I sometimes do a lot of limb moving side jobs as I mow.

Here's a link to a very old thread I posted about detaching and attaching the 16LA loader. If I had titled it "removing and installing the 16LA" it would have been easier to search for. Sorry...:eek:

I agree with Ginman, take off the bucket ....
I never remove the 270TL FEL

/ Who removes their FEL? #37  
This is somewhat helpful. I didn稚 think about using the hydraulics to assist in dismounting the loader. It gives me an idea of the sequence of events. Mine is a 770b. So the kickstands go in the back of the loader.

I 'm reasonably sure where they go but don't know how to get them mounted. There are pins in there. I guess the pins don't hold the loader on?

Dave

I used to remove my loader almost every time I used my rotary cutter, but it has now actually been a long time that I did anything but drop the bucket. When I mow slopes where I have to back down, having the FEL on the front gives me additional ballast I need. Also I sometimes leave the bucket or grapple on to pick deadfall limbs as I mow. I love the maneuverability of my tractor with the loader off, but I'm spoiled to what I can do with it and have enough attention deficit disorder that I sometimes do a lot of limb moving side jobs as I mow.

Here's a link to a very old thread I posted about detaching and attaching the 16LA loader. If I had titled it "removing and installing the 16LA" it would have been easier to search for. Sorry...:eek:

/ Who removes their FEL? #38  
It takes such little time to install and remove the entire loader, that I only have it on the tractor when I am going to use it. Mowing, tilling without the loader is must more stable and convenient in tight spaces. I do have the loader installed all winter long with a rear mounted snow blower.

/ Who removes their FEL? #39  
What kind of loader do you have? I have a770b and am not sure how I transfer the weight on the back of the lift arm weight from the frame to the kickstands.

I know with newer loaders, the kickstands attach to the bucket. So, tilting the bucket raises the back end of the loader off the frame. I would really hate to smash another toe. I have a horse for that!

It takes such little time to install and remove the entire loader, that I only have it on the tractor when I am going to use it. Mowing, tilling without the loader is must more stable and convenient in tight spaces. I do have the loader installed all winter long with a rear mounted snow blower.

Last edited:
   / Who removes their FEL? #40  
I've had my JD 70 w/300 QA loader for almost a year now, see no reason to remove the loader! I do drop the bucket for storage & when mowing, but with the old JD 5' brush cutter, I need the weight anyway. Besides, I primarily bought it for a loader tractor! :D ~~ grnspot