Backhoe Cracked plate on dipper stick.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #21  
Some dealers see tractors as a tool to get the job done and scratches and scuffs are just normal. That doesn't mean they are correct. You paid good money and a minor nick or ding is understandable, that is not acceptable IMO. If it's from transporting the tractor then the owner should know and fire any employee who can't correctly secure a tractor.

Around here if you get caught driving down the road with a loose load you will be pulled over. I think they will allow you to secure the load however they make a note in the computer and if you get caught again the driver will not be happy.

It's your money. I think it's up to you as to how you want to deal with this. If it's not cracked, chances are if it's from shipping it's just the paint, and you can live with it or paint it yourself maybe you can get a refund. If it bothers you now it will always bother you and if so ask for a replacement.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick.
There is no sense for me to get all upset over this as of now. The sales rep will be here on Sunday to deliver my mower and I will discuss with him about a new hoe unit and do a swap. I am sure that this had left their shop in new condition. The marks are consistent with the quick attach bouncing in the hoe during transport. There is nothing else to point to it being previously used. I have heard nothing but good things about the dealership and I am certain that they will do the right thing.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #23  
Oh come on.. stop being so calm. Get good and worked up so that when he arrives with the mower you can smack him a good one in the mouth and then say, "OK, now we can talk."

ROFL :)

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #24  
There is no sense for me to get all upset over this as of now. The sales rep will be here on Sunday to deliver my mower and I will discuss with him about a new hoe unit and do a swap. I am sure that this had left their shop in new condition. The marks are consistent with the quick attach bouncing in the hoe during transport. There is nothing else to point to it being previously used. I have heard nothing but good things about the dealership and I am certain that they will do the right thing.

Mcanik, that rust didn't happen during delivery in the last 2 weeks. That's been out in the elements for at least a year, I'd think, and it was either not painted adequately or it had some kind of use or handling that took the paint off. Should have at least been repaired before selling it to you. The dent and cracked welds may have been a more recent event, but you are right in calmly waiting until you can discuss a replacement unit. There will come a time for you to blow your stack, but don't have a coniption until it's time. Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #25  
Wait until Sunday???? I would call the Dealership and ask for the Owner/Managers name and e-mail address. I would then send him a copy of the photo's and ask him if you had delivered this to his residence as a new unit would he accept it? His response woud then dictate how soon I called Kubota and sent them the photo's and asked the same question of them.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick.
Wait until Sunday???? I would call the Dealership and ask for the Owner/Managers name and e-mail address. I would then send him a copy of the photo's and ask him if you had delivered this to his residence as a new unit would he accept it? His response woud then dictate how soon I called Kubota and sent them the photo's and asked the same question of them.

Pictures sent to Owner/Manager already and my sales rep is the Owner/Manager of the dealership. He will be here on Sunday :)

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #27  
Seems pretty clear that they will need to bring you a new BH. Unless they are going to be in your area for other reasons on Sunday, perhaps it makes sense to have them make one trip with the BH and mower? Unless of course you're growing grass in a greenhouse up there! ;)

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #28  
I'm betting they just replace the dipper-stick.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #29  
I agree that the rust and paint chips on the dipperstick didn't just happen - must have been that way for a while for that much rust to accumulate. Was it not obvious when they delivered it? The dent in the boom looks like it could have happened from a severe jar during transport, especially if the quick hitch was loosely placed in the BH bucket. Somebody was in a rush and hit some frost heaved roads, or something of the like. With a six hour ride, I'll be they were moving as fast as they could.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #30  
I still dont agree that a dent of that size in the main boom was caused by something bouncing around in transport.

It clearly looks like someone in the past used it to lift something by sandwiching it between the bucket and main boom and crushed it that way.

Another question though, and maybe some other BH65 owners can verify or not, is it possible to make the bucket teeth hit the main boom like that if you retract the dipperstick all the way but dont have the bucket curled all the way up??

I know on dads 4500 (50 year old hoe), you can do this. But who knows if it is an origional size bucket or not. If it is possible, it looks like the middle tooth of the bucket could have been forced into the main boom and caused the dent????