Did I get a good deal on these implements

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements #1  

rbcsaver

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 4320 & Kubota 7510
Greetings all,
This year I decided to start a garden because of the high prices at the grocery store,
I'm mostly unemployed, and we have 18 acres, most of which is currently dug up by 2 horses in all this rain.

Any way, I found a "10 year old" but clearly unused King Kutter Spring cultivator and a used, but excellent condition Ford series 101, model 10-462 mold bottom plow on Craig's list. He wanted $200 for the Kutter and $350 for the plow. Both have been garage kept and almost zero rust. I bought ford Blue at Tractor supply yesterday for the plow. The King Kutter will end up either Blue or Deere green to go with my newest tractor.

Now I have to find a manual for Ford plow

The bottom line is, I got them both for $475. I hope that I got a good deal. Did I?

Attachments

• Ford Bottom Plow a.JPG
    Ford Bottom Plow a.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 485
  • Ford Bottom Plow b.JPG
    Ford Bottom Plow b.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 429
  • King Kutter Cultivator a.JPG
    King Kutter Cultivator a.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 475
   / Did I get a good deal on these implements #2  
You should go back and give the guy another $300 and that would let you sleep well at night. LOL Good Deal. Ken Sweet

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements
Last edited:
   / Did I get a good deal on these implements #4  
Now Ken's not gonna sleep at night :laughing:
What do you need a plow manual for? I think I saw a thread on setting up a plow on here.

Now Ken's not gonna sleep at night :laughing:
What do you need a plow manual for? I think I saw a thread on setting up a plow on here.

How to setup., maintain (grease, etc). I still don't understand why the horizontal
(2 of 3 points) connection is offset.
regards,
Steve

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements #6  
Maybe it was on an Everything Attachments video, I think it's because one tire rides in the furrow from the last pass??

One bump

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements #8  
Offset (plus adjustable lift arm on the right) is so bottom of plow share sits level in the bottom of the furrow with the tractor's right wheels in the previously plowed furrow. Ford 8N manual recommends 6" blocks under left side wheels & adjusting the plow until the bottom is level side to side & fore & aft. This set-up should roll over a nice sod & keep the plow from trying to dig too deep, in conjunction with the hydraulic draft system on the tractor.

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements #9  
Lately with all you people falling into all of these good deals I think I知 running with a bunch of thieves!! :laughing:

Good deal!!

/ Did I get a good deal on these implements #10  
Lately with all you people falling into all of these good deals I think I知 running with a bunch of thieves!! :laughing:

Good deal!!

I have to agree.. I get one deal ever decade. :confused2: got mine last year so I guess I will have to wait another 10yrs!!! I watch craigs list everday and just dont see that stuff around here! :mad:

AndyG