Hydraulic Stop Leak

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #11  
the real answer is to fix it.

who wants a clutch not working.. and why contaminate the system.

I used it as a stop gap on my laoder as I only had to repalce 2 gallons of oil after getting storm debri cleaned up once the cyl started leaking again.

all stop leak does is usually swell seals.. and it's not permanent.. and sometimes the cost is they become soft, and wear evenmore... so it's deffinately a bandaid, at best.

I'd get it fixed correctly..

soundguy

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #12  
well yeah but money is tight as usual and the part is 67$
at best and Thats the cheap one. so that's why i was wondering if it was possible to use that to temporarily fix it for now.????

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #13  
what kind of fluid does that cyl call for?

find a stop leak product made for that application.

at this point.. if money's tight, you are only gonna be out the cost of the fluid in the system, when you finally can change it.

good luck. hopefully you can find something to work for ya and get some months out of the temp fix.

BTDT and wish you well.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #14  
it uses DOT 3 or 4 Brake Fluid. which one is the thicker fluid? i might try using a thicker fluid till i can get it fixed.

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #15  
that's what I feared... since it is a brake fluid system.. there really aren't any stop leak products for it...

soundguy

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #16  
I've used Lucas power steering stop leak a number of times. Got a Nissan I put some in 6 years ago and it's still going and no leaks. Got a 87 Ford F250 that I put it in 3 years ago and it's doing fine.

The Lucas hydraulic stop leak will work but if you put to much the seals will turn to mush. My tractor dealer showed me one that some one thought more was better. But it will stop most leaks.

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #18  
I have a 72 Plymouth with a leaky Power Steering Pump that I would have to add fluid each week...

I put in stop leak and it has been 17 years without having to add anymore fluid...

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #19  
ok so how much should I put in there if I was to put some lucas in there??

What I'd do is read the directions and I think it'll tell you how much to add per gal. or 5 gal. of hydraulic oil. I'd add about half of what's call for and if it doesn't stop the leak I'd continue to add till the leak stops or you reach what is recommended by the directions.

And in case there's some confusion, Lucas makes 2 stop leak products. One is for power steering and the other is for hydraulic systems. And as stated by others I wouldn't use it if there are wet clutches and electronic shifting in the system. I would consider it on some of the older tractors that just had a set of remotes and wet brakes.

/ Hydraulic Stop Leak #20  
And in case there's some confusion, Lucas makes 2 stop leak products. One is for power steering and the other is for hydraulic systems.

Yes, I've used the Lucas PS Stop Leak in my car, but eventually had to fix the real problem, pinholes in the rusted steel lines on the steering rack. This stuff rejuvenates hard, worn seals and is also very viscous, like STP, so it takes a lot longer to leak out.