M59 hydraulics got slow and weak.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #51  
.....I can't turn the steering wheel left to right at idle on hard dirt and the main boom will not lift at all if bucket is curling full open.( paranoid?) .....

Are you saying that you can't lift the main boom and curl the backhoe bucket to the full open position at the same time? Or are you saying you cant lift the main boom if the bucket is in the full open position?

-mark

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak.
Basically the bucket curling takes precedence over the main boom cylinder. Would love to know if others have this. With boom down like in a ditch if you push levers for full bucket curl and full boom lift, the boom will not lift until you let off the bucket curling. I noticed it when pulling boom out of ditch to go dump. I'm sure it is normal because of the flow patterns, But would be grateful if others would check theirs.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #53  
Basically the bucket curling takes precedence over the main boom cylinder. Would love to know if others have this. With boom down like in a ditch if you push levers for full bucket curl and full boom lift, the boom will not lift until you let off the bucket curling. I noticed it when pulling boom out of ditch to go dump. I'm sure it is normal because of the flow patterns, But would be grateful if others would check theirs.

Mine does that too. If I'm not mistaken, there are two pumps for the backhoe, one for swing and other for the curl, crowd and boom functions. You can swing and do any other function at the same time, but you can only do one curl, crowd or boom function at a time.

Regarding steering, I can turn lock to lock at idle on any surface, mud, hard dirt asphalt, concrete...no problem.

-Mark

Yea, the steering is got me troubled. Could be air in lines.

Steering is fine now, but have very small leak at bottom pump.keep wiping it clean and get a drop on ground overnight. Poop

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #56  
Anyways they had sudt2 so I bought 15 gallons at the tune of $385 that I plan to use at the 50hr change.

How is it doing today? Let me know what you would like me to check against my M59 as I'll have it out working this weekend. They sure are a handy size tractor. We sure like ours and try to treat it right.

Have you got SUDT2 in it now? Think twice. The old SUDT oil didn't do well in our M59.....foamed, squealed, and just didn't have the power of a standard grade hydraulic oil. Then the backhoe cylinders started jerking and sticking. Ended up costing me some real bucks. That doesn't mean that it wasn't just a case of incompatibility with my particular tractor and the SUDT - I've heard that Kubota doesn't make those backhoe cylinders, and it's common knowledge that Kubota doesn't make the SUDT themselves. Maybe the guys they sub stuff out to should get together.
rScotty

Right now it has sudt. Maybe they had a problem with it and is why they went to the sudt2. The only scenario we could come up with is my fluid got hot and stopped working propeerly. No other reason 2 pumps should go.

I think they tried to accommodate use in cold weather with sudt so maybe it runs even thinner causing the lack of power. This sudt2 is full synthetic I believe so maybe it's better. I hope.

rScotty said:
How is it doing today? Let me know what you would like me to check against my M59 as I'll have it out working this weekend. They sure are a handy size tractor. We sure like ours and try to treat it right.

rScotty

It runs good, seems like it has good power. If you think about it when using yours drop you boom and then go full curl and full boom lift and see if curl takes all the power. I think it's first in the system and robs the flow of pressure.

Heading to shop Monday to get the lower pump drip fixed.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #60  

Yes, I checked mine yesterday. Mine does just as yours does....that is, the bucket curl has precedence over the boom lift. The boom won't lift as long as it is curling. Are there any other moves like that? Do other backhoes do that? I don't think it does the same thing when pushing the boom down and curling...but now realize that I don't know what it does. Sort of like typing, working the backhoe is instinctive (now that I've reversed the thumb lever) and when I'm not working it I couldn't tell you which lever does what.
good luck, rScotty