Loader BX-24 loader hates me

/ BX-24 loader hates me #1  

ayelvington

Gold Member
Tractor
BX24
I have yet to get my FEL to play nice and park well on my very uneven ground.

This is what it did to me today :(

I know it's not suppose to look like that, but that's what it took to shake the booger FEL off of the front of the tractor...

Attachments

• SSPX0059.jpg
    SSPX0059.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 448
  • SSPX0060.jpg
    SSPX0060.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 443
   / BX-24 loader hates me #2  
I have yet to get my FEL to play nice and park well on my very uneven ground.

...FEL, BH... box grader, back blade...

Why do you still have uneven ground where you remove the FEL?

:)

Bruce

/ BX-24 loader hates me #3  
Dude,...Use the FEL to make a level spot...Allowing that to happen will cause all kinds of down the road problems, and it dangerous in more ways than one.

/ BX-24 loader hates me #4  
I'm curious as to why you're taking the FEL off in the first place?

Based on your list of toys, you shouldn't have any reason to remove it, at least from my perspective.

Over the almost 3 years I owned my BX24, the Backhoe was off and on countless times for the back blade, post driver, and auger. Never had any reason to take the FEL off...and my laziness overcame any curiousity I had in finding out if it would come off.

Maybe leaving it on is your best option.:D

Hope it works out...:thumbsup:

/ BX-24 loader hates me #5  
I'm not sure but it looks like maybe you are removing it wrong. Solid level ground is a lot easier to remove and reinstall it but it still should not look like that. When I remove mine I put the bucket down level on the ground allow the bucket to pull the tractor up, remove the pins and let it back down, which should move the arms forward and then tilt the bucket to allow it to come out of the bottom notches. The fel should be resting on the stand and the bucket should be fairly flat on the ground. Hope this helps?

/ BX-24 loader hates me #6  
Here's a video that pretty much follows the way the manual says to remove the FEL. I use the method in the manual and it seems to work fine. Have done it on smooth concrete and a stone pad without any problems.

YouTube FEL Removal

Paul

/ BX-24 loader hates me #7  
+1 on why remove the FEL? Maybe if you were using a snow blower I suppose.

<---- that one has never been off. I mow with it on too...so what? Since '92 I replaced the 'O' rings once...big deal for all the work it's done.

But it's still your call and I think what ever you think. Like the others advised, just level up some ground so your not making it harder than it is.

edit:

Al here's a handy tool for moving something like a FEL just an inch or 2. It's called a spud bar and you can get 'em nearly 6ft long.
spud-bar-sm.jpg

/ BX-24 loader hates me #8  

huh?! what not? I take mine off all the time. I don't like to leave it on when not in use, when you get used to how to take it off, its only about a min to get it off. It makes it nicer to mow, till garden,etc.

I think al is putting us on for show. If you look at the right side of fel arms, its appears to be touching the ground. It looks like he unhooked FEL sideways on hill instead of pointing down hill. I see he has pallets/timber in background he could've used it on the low side of bucket/FEL stand of hill to uneven it out. but then when rehooking it, it will be a nightmare due to rear tires on different plane. :laughing:

/ BX-24 loader hates me

It went back on easily enough... I take it off when I'm servicing the engine and axle since it tends to get in the way.

We haven't had rain for ages, and I was in no mood to try and flatten a hunk of rock-hard dirt to pop the FEL off... I was just annoyed at how clumsy it was.

Thanks to all for letting me vent!

/ BX-24 loader hates me
Al here's a handy tool for moving something like a FEL just an inch or 2. It's called a spud bar and you can get 'em nearly 6ft long.
spud-bar-sm.jpg

I have a spud bar that gets used at least once a week for most everything! It's a fun battering-ram :)) It doesn't look like it, but the FEL was close to balanced, and I just propped up the arms with a 2x4 and drove in to remount it.