Turning blue......

/ Turning blue...... #31  
Been following the thread. Sounds like FWJ has his domestic situation under control. That said. Can we see some pics now please?

/ Turning blue...... #33  
Farm girls or gearheads?? Either way, you guys lucked out!! :)

mine likes farm life.. but is neither a farm girl nor gear head.. I just figure she's supportive of my addiction.. :)

/ Turning blue......
Still no pictures.....I bought new batteries for my digital camera, then proceeded to forget where I put them. Such is life when you get old....

Anyway, looks like I'm going after yet ANOTHER tractor tomorrow. Red this time. 1982 IH 484. Good price on an exceptional tractor. I saw it while I was fetching home the 2nd 3600. Stopped and looked it over. Dang near fell over when I heard the price.

The equipment shed is taking on the look of a dealership!

/ Turning blue...... #35  
Farmwithjunk said:
Still no pictures.....I bought new batteries for my digital camera, then proceeded to forget where I put them. Such is life when you get old....

Anyway, looks like I'm going after yet ANOTHER tractor tomorrow. Red this time. 1982 IH 484. Good price on an exceptional tractor. I saw it while I was fetching home the 2nd 3600. Stopped and looked it over. Dang near fell over when I heard the price.

The equipment shed is taking on the look of a dealership!

Well, you did say you were going to start selling tractors again, and you can't do that with an empty shed. :)

All winter projects??

/ Turning blue......
Well, you did say you were going to start selling tractors again, and you can't do that with an empty shed. :)

All winter projects??

3600 #1 is already nicer than I could make a tractor....Needs NOTHING.

3600 #2 needs a couple front tires, a seat, and a leaky fuel filter fixed. A days work at worst.

4000 needs a bath, a little work done on the wiring to the lights, maybe a muffler, and a seat cushion. Day.....day-and-a-half tops.

5610 II has started to look like it's gonna fall through.....Seller is having second thoughts. Not something that I'm gonna loose sleep over.

IH 484 needs a headlight bulb, one small piece of plastic on the grill is cracked. (Still available from CaseIH...) Otherwise, it's the cleanest, straightest, nicest used tractor I've ever seen. Makes my 150 look like a slacker.....

Still looking for 75/80hp w/cab, brand yet to be determined......(Baler tractor) I did see a JD 4230 today that is in like new condition. Just a bit bigger than I was looking for and about $2000 higher than a 4230 should sell for, but not off the list just yet. Gonna go do some "negotiating" on that one monday morning.

I'm starting to change my approach. It's EXPENSIVE fixing up old tractors. I just gotta keep finding good deals on tractors that "the little old lady only drove it to church on Sunday" types. Quick turn-around on those!

/ Turning blue......
Must be some reason you aren't sharing with us that all the Ford owners are selling out as fast as they can. Folks tend to never all their Masseys. :D

There's some truth to that....Massey owners, at least the older tractors, do tend to own 'em for life.

/ Turning blue......
I'm confused...:confused:

You mention buying 3 tractors you don't need in 48hrs...and you also mention a wife...

How do those two things go together? :laughing:

Seriously, congrats on the new old iron and congrats on having a great family.

My wife used to do my books....She's seen what sort of income can generated buying and selling used equipment. She actually smiles when she sees a trailer load pulling in the drive. She'll be up in the morning before I leave, have me a lunch packed for the road, may even fuel up the truck while I'm eating breakfast. She's a keeper!

/ Turning blue...... #39  
all right.. that's it.. I'm hitting craigslist tonight.. :)