Kubota - "Ride the Bull"

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #41  
Doesn't the MX have the same wheelbase? The MX used to just be the old GL10 series. You have to get into the real M's to get some length.

Yep your right the MX is the same, I was thinking of the M's when I blurted that out.:ashamed:

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #42  
And I'm sure this thing will go better through his fields faster, smoother and more efficiently but we gotta draw the line somewhere guys. A larger tractor will usually have a smoother ride but I wouldn't want a tractor too large as it is just inconvenient, as with the case with the one in the attachment.

What do you mean inconvenient? That tractor can easily handle a 72" belly mower.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #43  
Robert_in_NY said:
What do you mean inconvenient? That tractor can easily handle a 72" belly mower.

I was stating that how everyone is telling the OP to go bigger but sometimes bigger isn't better. I was saying his tractor to a slightly larger tractor would not be justified by ride alone and of you want a tractor that just rides really good to get something like the articulated row crop JD. I was saying his tractor was probably best suited for him.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #44  
It appears the key to being satisfied with a tractor or anything else for that matter is matching the equipment to your needs/wants. Often that is difficult, so we compromise in some or all areas. Tractors for the most part are general use vehicles that are designed to provide an effective machine for several purposes within parameters. SCUTS, CUTS, AG, etc. When we, the consumer, shop for a tractor we are responsible for understanding what our needs/wants are. Most dealers that I know will work with you to understand what you intend to do. When I purchased my latest tractor I was moving up from the L2900 and was looking at the L4400. However, after speaking with my dealer I bought the MX5100 which really was a better fit for my needs. I am a Kubota fab for smaller tractors as I have had great luck with them and find their quality to be top drawer. However, our family which has some truly ag operations we use mainly NH, JD, and Stigers and the Kubotas are relegated to mowing and yard use.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #45  
It appears the key to being satisfied with a tractor or anything else for that matter is matching the equipment to your needs/wants. Often that is difficult, so we compromise in some or all areas. Tractors for the most part are general use vehicles that are designed to provide an effective machine for several purposes within parameters. SCUTS, CUTS, AG, etc. When we, the consumer, shop for a tractor we are responsible for understanding what our needs/wants are. Most dealers that I know will work with you to understand what you intend to do. When I purchased my latest tractor I was moving up from the L2900 and was looking at the L4400. However, after speaking with my dealer I bought the MX5100 which really was a better fit for my needs. I am a Kubota fab for smaller tractors as I have had great luck with them and find their quality to be top drawer. However, our family which has some truly ag operations we use mainly NH, JD, and Stigers and the Kubotas are relegated to mowing and yard use.

well said when i bought my tractor theres was 2 things i wanted.1.was the HST.2.was the biggest hp tractor with HST.3.it had tobe 4wd drive.4.a fel wich is the bonus.now to address the OPs gripe of a rough ride.tractors are going to ride rough no matter what you do to the tires.the pastures an woods an fields arnt smooth at all.an they never will.you ride a tractor day in an out for years an your back will be shot from all the jolting an jarring your back sustains.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #46  
I was stating that how everyone is telling the OP to go bigger but sometimes bigger isn't better. I was saying his tractor to a slightly larger tractor would not be justified by ride alone and of you want a tractor that just rides really good to get something like the articulated row crop JD. I was saying his tractor was probably best suited for him.

And I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the JD 9000 series you posted being able to handle a 72" belly mower.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #47  
Robert_in_NY said:
And I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the JD 9000 series you posted being able to handle a 72" belly mower.

Oh wow. I just reread your post and whatever I read is way different than what you wrote! Can you imagine that thing with a 72" MMM???

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #48  
Oh wow. I just reread your post and whatever I read is way different than what you wrote! Can you imagine that thing with a 72" MMM???

Yeah, it wouldnt run the grass down in front of the deck but your next pass might be a little trampled :thumbsup:

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #49  
Yeah, it wouldnt run the grass down in front of the deck but your next pass might be a little trampled :thumbsup:

I am thinking that you would want a large disc mower system mounted to the front and back... Be hard to trim with it, but you could mow the whole lawn in one pass.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #50  
aczlan said:
I am thinking that you would want a large disc mower system mounted to the front and back... Be hard to trim with it, but you could mow the whole lawn in one pass.

Aaron Z

Aaron, don't bring logic to my fun little world :)