Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #331  
So East Texas is still 20 inches behind in rainfall ... but getting some nice moisture this morning associated with the front that is moving through. I am hearing that the drought will continue into next year as well. Our local water district manager says no troubles he has the reserves.

Sorry to break in on the food channel - I thought this was about Texas!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #332  

It IS about Texas and food is a very important part of Texas.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #333  
It IS about Texas and food is a very important part of Texas.:laughing:

Won't disagree - especially concerning CFS and BBQ!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #335  
Thanks for the tip Jim! There is a diner on the North end of town on 287 has a big sign that says "Babe's", I've never seen it before until the last couple time's I went to the mill.

Koffe Kup Cafe in Hico is great, Lynn the owner does a heck of job with that place, I remember people coming from other states to get the Migraine pie and the bread pudding is the best I've had too.

The Smoke Stack on I-20 in Thurber has been rated the best Chicken fried steak on I-20 by a travel magazine and it is probably on of our favorite places to go.

I would take Cracker Barrel over Cotton Patch any day personally.

You seem to get around quite a bit. Have you ever been to George's in Waco?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #336  
I got an inch and a half last night and this morning.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #337  
Thanks for the tip Jim! There is a diner on the North end of town on 287 has a big sign that says "Babe's", I've never seen it before until the last couple time's I went to the mill.

Dennis, I'm completely at a loss for what restaurant you are talking about unless you are confusing "Babe's" with "Bono's." Bono's is right beside a Catfish O'Harlies restaurant. It started out years ago as Buck's BBQ house by the same folks who own Catfish O'Harlies. For some reason, it didn't make it as the standard serving-line style BBQ house and soon remodeled to a sit-down and order BBQ house with an expanded menu. The quality slipped and the restaurant was sold to the same folks who have a truckstop restaurant north of Bowie called The Armadillo Grill. They also renamed the Decatur restaurant to The Armadillo Grill even though it had a different menu. We went there once and decided to not return because all their meat was spiced up to the point that you couldn't taste the meat. Soon, The Armadillo Grill closed and a quick remodel added a bar area (beer/wine only) and the name change to Bono's. We have not been back there since the name change, but it may be a good spot.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #338  
So East Texas is still 20 inches behind in rainfall ... but getting some nice moisture this morning associated with the front that is moving through. I am hearing that the drought will continue into next year as well. Our local water district manager says no troubles he has the reserves.

Welcome to the food channel! How is everything on the gulf coast?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #339  
Talking about weather makes me hungry:licking:. . . but then, what doesn't?:ashamed:;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #340  
No sir. But I guess folks up there know how to eat if they like gravy on their fries. :D

That gravy at the Barbeque Inn is delicious.

I was a little surprised to find they asked if you wanted gravy on your french fries when I was up in Canada, bu6t I think it's a fine idea. Very good eating.