M59 hydraulics got slow and weak.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak.
This is a time line, is it understandable? Not good at documenting well.

Kubota m59

11/20/10 Purchased from central equipment

6/17/11 on jobsite and buckets would barely lift. 146hr on the clock. took to central equipment (200 mile round trip) for issue. Came home to change fluid and filters as tech said he thought it was plugged filter. Cost about $350 for fluid/materials. No cure.

6/20 took back to central equipment (200 mile round trip). They said 2 weeks before they could even look at it.

6/21 called around looking for better dealer. Found baxla tractor. picked it up and brought it home (200 mile round trip) for baxla to send tech to look at it.

6/22 baxla showed up, need to take to shop.

6/23 took to baxla. (100 mile round trip)

7/7 147hr Picked up from baxla after they replaced both pumps (100 mile round trip) Sent me home with 6 filters. Need to change the 3 filters at 25hr, and again at 50 hr. they charged me $100 for not buying machine there.

Out of commission 22 days at this point.

Changed all filters/fluid 8-17-11 at 175hr. I decided to put udt2 in it. $235

Changed hydro filters 11/11/11 at 195hr lost 5 gallon ($94)

1/11/12 at 217hr its back at baxla(100 mile round trip) for Very weak and slow hydraulics. Couple of days before they can get to it.

At this point it's out of commission 24 days, 800 miles hauling, and roughly $779 out of pocket not including hauling. I did take on the changing of filters, and fluids just to try and speed things up. The machine is needed for me and my employees to work. This machine is responsible for 1/3 of our jobs.

Hydro x2 $44 ($88)
Tranny $64
5 gallon Fluid $94
12.5 gallon capacity ($235)

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #82  
Our lemon laws exclude equipment and is for cars/trucks basically.

Well, come to think of it.... I don't know how our lemon laws relate to equipment as opposed to car/trucks. Might be similar.

I have wondered about sharing fluid with hydraulic attachments....particularly with rental equipment, and wonder how much that dilutes the SUDT in the M59. If a person is using a lot of rental equipment it might be an argument for simply using the most popular hydraulic oil locally. Around here it seems to be mostly New Holland fluid.
Still, the M59 ought to be immune to those changes.
rScotty

I never liked borrowing attachments. Never know what your introducing into your sump. Water.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #84  
I understand borrowing might be an issue.

If you own tractors from several mfg and they all insist on their fluid it is an unrealistic situation. As I have pointed out in several various posts. We maintain all of our machines and attachments. Do I need seperate attachments for our Masseys, Kubotas, Ford and Deere 310 on the farm???? I can't buy a different grapple for each. If this is what any mfg expects I think it is unrealistic.

We share chippers, grapples, mowers, rear blades, drags etc. between all machines. Most mfgs recommend their hydro oil.

No problems to date.

I'll try to remember to ck hours tomorrow. We service the equipment the last Sat of the month. Someone else did the last service.

Got it back. They said they found a bad relief valve. Will update after I have some time on it.

Used it pretty hard for 2 hr. after one hour it is back to being slow and weak. Started off a lot better after relief valve was replaced but soon started losing power. Called dealer and I have got kubota customer service involved on previous trip, so I called them again and they are communicating with dealer as the dealer has no clue what's wrong. They put it on a machine this last time and found it lost power quick. The relief valve seemed to help it but after it heated up it just goes to crap. I told service guy I have to have it again at the beginning of this week. He said use it. If it gets worse so be it. I wish kubota would pay them to come and get it, I know they don't cover hauling under warranty but this is extraordinary. Dealer is 100 miles round trip, but my business is very busy right now and I work an hour away in opposite direction.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #87  
Is there a dealer that will rent you an M59 so you can use it and compare (and get back to making $ with it?). Up here there are 3 dealers that rent them out...maybe you could see if you can reproduce the issues?

Manatarms

ManAtArms said:
Is there a dealer that will rent you an M59 so you can use it and compare (and get back to making $ with it?). Up here there are 3 dealers that rent them out...maybe you could see if you can reproduce the issues?

Manatarms

Reproduce? Nobody here rents them. I have to use it the next 2 days. The first time the pumps went I could barely lift the front bucket empty, I don't want to reproduce that on a rental. My pumps are going again. Dealer said to use it til it won't work no more and keep calling customer service. Yup, thats were I am at. I'll be renting my buddy's cx next week.

/ M59 hydraulics got slow and weak. #89  
The two reasons I would not consider buying Kubota again are:

1. Part prices. Kubota is just too greedy.

2. Warrantee, Too often Kubota just does not step up in behalf of their customer.

Imagine the good faith Kubota would get just replacing the entire machine.
Kubota could then do some real failure analysis to improve their product.
Once Kubota fixes it they could donate the returned machine to a worthy organization (Like Me!).
Advertise this and self promote what a great company they are, telling the whole story truthfully, and write tit off to advertising. Everybody wins.

mike69440 said:
The two reasons I would not consider buying Kubota again are:

1. Part prices. Kubota is just too greedy.

2. Warrantee, Too often Kubota just does not step up in behalf of their customer.

Imagine the good faith Kubota would get just replacing the entire machine.
Kubota could then do some real failure analysis to improve their product.
Once Kubota fixes it they could donate the returned machine to a worthy organization (Like Me!).
Advertise this and self promote what a great company they are, telling the whole story truthfully, and write tit off to advertising. Everybody wins.

The big problem is this machine is in a class all it's own. Much bigger than a jd110 and a lot smaller than a full size tlb. That being said I think their flow rate vs cooling for this machine is way off. I think I will have to eventually go with a full size machine again and transportation will be an issue once again. I'm thinking an f450 instead of the f250, my problem is I need to finally get my cdl.