CountyLine Tillers

/ CountyLine Tillers #11  
I bought a Countyline tiller from TSC a few years back. I got it back home to put it together and mine had the wrong parts with it also. I called the store, they said bring the parts in to compare it to another one they had, the parts that came with mine were for a 48" tiller, mine was a 60". Once I got the right parts and got it put together, I love the tiller. It is the only tiller I have ever owned so I don't have anything to compare it to but I would buy another. Plus, I only paid $1100 for it and I felt that was a pretty good price.

/ CountyLine Tillers #12  
Looks like this is a common problem with the TSC tillers. I over heard someone the other day complaining about the wrong hardware and a leaky gear case on one of TSC tillers.

Why couldn't TSC stick with King Kutter?

/ CountyLine Tillers #13  
nelsond7004 said:
Looks like this is a common problem with the TSC tillers. I over heard someone the other day complaining about the wrong hardware and a leaky gear case on one of TSC tillers.

Why couldn't TSC stick with King Kutter?

I just bought a Countryline tiller about 5 weeks ago from TSC. It was preassembled. The Countryline is made by Kingkutter - or at least the Countryline manual directly refers owners to seek help from Kingkutter. The parts list is part for part match with KK. I've had no issues with my tiller.

/ CountyLine Tillers #14  
sounds like I need to stay away fromTSC in my search for a tiller! I have been looking at used ones, is this a good idea?

/ CountyLine Tillers #15  
I just bought a Countryline tiller about 5 weeks ago from TSC. It was preassembled. The Countryline is made by Kingkutter - or at least the Countryline manual directly refers owners to seek help from Kingkutter. The parts list is part for part match with KK. I've had no issues with my tiller.

From what I hear, some TSC stores carry either Tarter or King Kutter. Unfortunately, my local TSC has the Tarter's. I wrote the serial number down and called to confirm it.

/ CountyLine Tillers #16  
sounds like I need to stay away fromTSC in my search for a tiller! I have been looking at used ones, is this a good idea?

I think there are good used ones out there to be had, but I have not had any luck finding one. Craigslist generally has a few.

/ CountyLine Tillers #17  
nelsond7004 said:
From what I hear, some TSC stores carry either Tarter or King Kutter. Unfortunately, my local TSC has the Tarter's. I wrote the serial number down and called to confirm it.

Interesting. I was not aware of this.

/ CountyLine Tillers #18  
yea, I had to assemble and it was a Tarter.

/ CountyLine Tillers #19  
Ordered the 2122654 from TSC 3/19/12 and picked up on 4/6/12 . When we got the tiller unloaded and started to assemble we found it was shipped with wrong parts! And the wrong part had a big X on it as if to say so.
This is one reason I bought my 3pt. tiller from my local dealer.It was fully assembled & delivered and ready to go.Yes it was a few hundred bucks more but less problems.No one really seems to care about service at the big box stores.coobie

/ CountyLine Tillers #20  
The 6 footer I saw at TSC was made by Behlen, which the manager unsuccessfully tried to convince me was the parent company of, and really made by, King Kutter.

I purchased the King Kutter II at Orschln's.