Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #11  
fix rad, new pump and new hg.. see what it gets ya..

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #12  
Thanks Jim
I checked the thermostat in boiling water with a working thermometer, it is good. All hoses are good. I have a few small leaks in the radiator. I am going to take it to a shop and have it repaired properly, previous flushing shows it has good flow. I have the valve cover, and intake and exhaust manifolds off. The next step is the head, Can I remove it with the rocker arm and all valve components in tact or do I have to remove them first. I have mechanical background, but this is new to me.

It's been a while since I did mine but I believe the rocker has to come off. You don't have to mess with the valves. Make sure that you keep the pushrods in the proper order when you remove them. For about $20 you can get a factory Ferguson Shop Manual reprint. Get one . You won't regret it.

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #13  
ditto on the manual for sure!

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #14  
So I've got the head off, there is a Small crack between each piston on the block. The head has a crack in one of the piston tops. I guess I'm screwed. Any suggestions,

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120509_083633.png
    ForumRunner_20120509_083633.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 413
   / Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #15  
there thousands of them out there.. if the engine is bad, then get another..

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #16  
So I've got the head off, there is a Small crack between each piston on the block. The head has a crack in one of the piston tops. I guess I'm screwed. Any suggestions,

G'day the small crack you are refering to inbetween the cyl's sounds like where the liners meet can you put a pic up of it? If it is that then there is nothing to worry about with that, a word of warning though DON'T turn the engine over with the head off without clamping the liners down as the liners can lift and this will destroy the gaskets at the bottom and will leak water into the sump!

Jon

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #17  
The cracks can be seen when you zoom in, they are st the thinnest point between the cylinders. The crack in the head is on the second cylinder from the right

ForumRunner_20120509_213902.png

ForumRunner_20120509_214103.png

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #19  
i see em

/ Ferguson TO30 Head Gasket #20  
I see what you mean it is a different engine to what we get over here, I think your best bet is as soundguy said and look for another motor

Jon