Ballast almost flipped the tractor, really need some help!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #71  
I have another question from the pictures, related to the attachment of the strap to pull the tractor back. On one hand attaching to the high point helps the leverage angle, but in this case could pulling on the attachment rather than down at the drawbar area cause a problem at the weakest link(the top link itself or the top link mount on the tranny case?) Just asking...

I agree, but I don't think that I would climb under the box blade, or the tractor while it was balancing in the air. If it did come down prematurely while he was hooking up the tow strap to the draw bar , it may have crushed the guy, but in a normal circumstance, I would definitely agree.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #72  
   / almost flipped the tractor, really need some help!
Me too, although I remove the bucket whenever I don't need it to get rid of weight and help visibility. I wonder if he was backing up the hill using 4wd and that caused it to tip? I've heard 4wd referenced as a must for braking which I agree with, but a novice needs to know that backing up an incline with weight on the front can change the situation from rear wheel spin to what we have pictured here. The answer is to lower the bucket to nearly touching the ground. I have even drug the bucket a little to avoid tipping.

I was going down the slope with an empty bucket, it was the first day i had the bucket actually! The path was cut with the rear grader blade that is 5 ft so as wide as the tractor so it just fit. The bucket was 6ft so i raised it because it didnt fit, i must have raised it too much because as the tractor was going down it started to fall forwards.

Also on another note the tow operator had a tractor of his own and got on the deere and attempted to push it down with the bucket, it couldnt do it?
I cant even raise the front two wheels using the bucket on flat ground. Is this an issue?

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #74  
I have another question from the pictures, related to the attachment of the strap to pull the tractor back. On one hand attaching to the high point helps the leverage angle, but in this case could pulling on the attachment rather than down at the drawbar area cause a problem at the weakest link(the top link itself or the top link mount on the tranny case?) Just asking...

Or....push the little lever forward and the rear will set back down on the ground.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help!

I wasnt brave enough to crawl under it ( or below it on the hill ) Once it had stopped i took the eat belt off and jumped! Did not want the tractor to roll onto me.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #76  
Don't take any advice from whoever helped you get it back on 4 wheels. All you had to do was move the fel controls and it would have eased back down. You bucket was way too high, going too fast, stopped too quick while going downhill. Normally 3 strikes and you are out, you got lucky. Our neighbour did the same thing only he made 2 more mistakes, he had the rops lowered and no seatbelt on, we buried him. Sealtbelt wouldn't have helped anyway, steering wheel took care of him.
I have an L35 and if I take the backhoe off, pop it into reverse and give it a shot, it will lift the rear tires. Hit a bump while driving ahead in 2 wd will cause it to stop moving cause the rear wheels are off the ground. Get rid of that 4 way.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #77  
I was going down the slope with an empty bucket, it was the first day i had the bucket actually! The path was cut with the rear grader blade that is 5 ft so as wide as the tractor so it just fit. The bucket was 6ft so i raised it because it didnt fit, i must have raised it too much because as the tractor was going down it started to fall forwards.

Also on another note the tow operator had a tractor of his own and got on the deere and attempted to push it down with the bucket, it couldnt do it?
I cant even raise the front two wheels using the bucket on flat ground. Is this an issue?

That's not right. Are you sure you didn't push the stick into float position, or is the FEL incorrectly set up? It seems as though the back end should have dropped like a rock when you pushed the stick down.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #78  
G'day Thingy glad you are ok, as others have said fill the rear tyres. We always have tubes fitted and then just fill with good clean water down here ( Ararat Vic) you do not need rim guard or any of the anti freezes that they need in the US as we dont get cold enough to worry about freezing. Your dealer should have said to you about filling the rear tyres and you should ask him to come out and do it for free of course:D and you won't send him the dry cleaning bill!!

Jon

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #79  
John,

Thats good advice. The reason I was recommending the rim guard, or an equivalent is because it weights about 4 times as much as water, so it will give you more balast, but I am not sure about the availability in AU?

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #80  

Downward pressure is going to lower the back wheels. The loader is what kept it from going endover. Thank goodness you did'nt kick into float position.

When you get a chance (on flat ground) practice the heck out of using the FEL. Understand exactly how it works. You can apply down pressure and easily lift the front tires off the ground. Doing this will give you an idea just how powerful FEL down pressure is.