Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #511  
Was thinking the same thing. Even if it was they have a tiny internal battery for memory functions etc. Also these settings would be saved on a hard drive which does not need a battery? :confused3:

yeah.. 99% sure not a bat issue.. this software stuff happes externally. i'd expect a bat issue to cause hardware weirdness..

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #512  
For those having spell checker problems, consider switching to Firefox. It has an excellent built-in checker.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #513  
yeah.. 99% sure not a bat issue.. this software stuff happes externally. i'd expect a bat issue to cause hardware weirdness..

Soundguy--What does this mean? I'm still trying to get my instant notification back and not sure if it's my computer, my error or the website.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #515  
Soundguy--What does this mean? I'm still trying to get my instant notification back and not sure if it's my computer, my error or the website.

notifications are a multi step process.

1, you have to have them enabled. if so.. they send them. THEN your mail server gets them.. then you get them in your mailbox.

if the forum is set to send.. and your mailbox is getting OTHER mail.. you can assume those are working. that leaves your mail server.

some mail servers reject mail from sources that do batch mailings. I know ATT likes to blacklist TBN OFTEN

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #516  
The system is lagging badly. I log on to TBN and wait two minutes for it to load. Then I sign on and have another two minute wait, then when I go to a thread I want to read another two minute wait. It took almost 10 minutes to get on here to make a complaint. I am running Windows 7 with FireFox and I have no trouble with the other forums I frequent, so I do not believe it is my computer. I like the forum and have been a member for quite a few years but this wait time is more than I have patience for. I hope you can clear the matter up before you lose members.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #517  
notifications are a multi step process.

1, you have to have them enabled. if so.. they send them. THEN your mail server gets them.. then you get them in your mailbox.

if the forum is set to send.. and your mailbox is getting OTHER mail.. you can assume those are working. that leaves your mail server.

some mail servers reject mail from sources that do batch mailings. I know ATT likes to blacklist TBN OFTEN

OK, I switched to a different email server to see what happens. Yahoo email does seem to have issues at times.

EDIT---Bingo--that was the problem. Now getting instant updates on a different email server. It was a Yahoo problem and now seems fixed. Thank you.

Last edited:
   / Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #518  
The system is lagging badly. I log on to TBN and wait two minutes for it to load. Then I sign on and have another two minute wait, then when I go to a thread I want to read another two minute wait. It took almost 10 minutes to get on here
Everything is near instantaneous here. Listing my subscribed threads then opening latest unread (your post) each took maybe a half second after the mouse click.

Added: posting that, and opening this Edit Post, again took a half second or less. The site seems noticeably faster than before.

XP, Firefox 13, 1.5mbs DSL.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #519  
Dozernut said:
The system is lagging badly. I log on to TBN and wait two minutes for it to load. Then I sign on and have another two minute wait, then when I go to a thread I want to read another two minute wait. It took almost 10 minutes to get on here to make a complaint. I am running Windows 7 with FireFox and I have no trouble with the other forums I frequent, so I do not believe it is my computer. I like the forum and have been a member for quite a few years but this wait time is more than I have patience for. I hope you can clear the matter up before you lose members.

It has been brought to my attention that the exorbitant use of smileys on a post I made on the front porch in the Chronicles is a possible cause of this slowdown....

I highly doubt it but Polo1665 has stated such......

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #520  
On the John Deere Owning/Operating Forum:

1. +Reply to Thread button still buried under first thread title.
2. Forum title still buried under the header gray bar.