My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #11  
Great photos.

If it has a motor and steering wheel and moving then I am in hog heaven. :)

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging
Steep enough that if you don't know what you are doing you are gonna get hurt real bad :). Talk about a sledding hill !!

You aren't kidding. As for sledding I don't think you'd make it in the snow with out a chair lift.

Where in SW Va are ya? I hate bush hogging. Please come do mine.:)

Near Bristol. Pretty sure I'm booked through Spring though.

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #14  
Beautiful scenery and area!
I have to agree with you, I also really enjoy brush hogging. (except the steep slopes) I got to (finally) do some last month, and plan on some more here soon.
If you don't mind me asking....do you do it for a company, or is it your own company? Booked till spring? I'm contemplating starting some tractor services, as I have several pieces of equipment. Do you charge by the job or per hour? I was thinking somewhere between $40-60 per hour. tks!

I actually work for a farm in addition to having one myself. Those pictures were from two farms at work. As far as being booked I was mostly kidding but I've got plenty to do.

However I have hired out to others before. I actually had a thread titled "grapple vs. fence row" a while back where I was hired to tear out an old fence so another guy could rebuild it.

As far as bush hogging goes I was getting $55/hour the last time I did any for someone else. That was probably 6 years ago. PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #16  
Beautiful scenery indeed, I do quite a bit of bush hogging it seems, but not to that extent and that hill would be a bit much for me I believe.

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #17  
Nice job, excellent pics. That one slope looks to be in excess of 45 degrees. Do you have a tilt-meter for a reading?

Also, did you purposely park the tractor on the downslope in front of the tree? If not, good call anyway. I never trust my brakes, and when parked, the implements are always down.

I wish my berries would get that big! Mine are runts.....compared to those.

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #18  
Beautiful scenery indeed, I do quite a bit of bush hogging it seems, but not to that extent and that hill would be a bit much for me I believe.

TripleR ~ Put me in your camp....That hill is too much for me and I bush hog some 30 + deg slopes but I will not be driving anything up that hill.....DT86 obviously knows what he is doing but I will bet he will admit that he has a degree of pucker factor going up that hill and pays full attention to what he is doing while going up....Ya think ? LOL

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #19  
TripleR ~ Put me in your camp....That hill is too much for me and I bush hog some 30 + deg slopes but I will not be driving anything up that hill.....DT86 obviously knows what he is doing but I will bet he will admit that he has a degree of pucker factor going up that hill and pays full attention to what he is doing while going up....Ya think ? LOL

Brin, I took some pictures once out of my cab on what I considered steep and it sure didn't look like his and like you I thought I was doing steep; guess not.

I spent the afternoon bush hogging, but I guarantee it didn't look like that.:laughing:

/ My Favorite Pastime: Bush Hogging #20  
Here is the same hill before from the bottom and after from the side. Anybody care to speculate how steep that is?

Oh my! Looks like about 45 degrees :shocked: Back of our pond dam is 30 degrees and that's my limit.:ambulance: