2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #111  
BoonDoc said:
Not sure of the statistics, but see a certain number of Kioti CK owners here with recurrent issues of sticking HST pedal. No simple fix short of a new HST and plenty of wrangling with corporate to get that done. Seems rare, but common enough to make it a recurring thread. FWIW, it must be rare indeed, as Kioti's sales have continued to rise over the last few years.

Usually a little lubrication fixes the sticking pedal. I doubt there have been HST replacements as it is just the pivot if I recall. My CK never had any such issue.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #112  
Yes, all the CK25/27/30/35's come standard with telescopic three point hitches with solid, index-adjustable sway bars. Very nice. No need for one of those quick hitch thingies, though I'm sure they are a little bit easier.

I agree the CK's have been around for a while now, and all of the design bugs have been worked out: loader, injection pump, other little things. I think it's a nicer tractor than the NH's. but, I'm sure the NH is nice too. I do like the Mahindra Max28XL. Not sure it's quite as much tractor as the CK30 because weight is kind for most things except for mowing. My advice to the OP is to step up the CK35. Worth the extra money for the HP, especially in HST.

I've had both the loader and IP issues (2006 model year). Kioti made them both right in the first 3 years. Since, it's been a great tractor. One heck of a ground engagement and hauling machine. I will admit I do love it, even after 6+ years and 550 hours in the seat.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #113  
The Case-IH Farmall B series is practically identical to the Boomer series; both are made by LS.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
The Case-IH Farmall B series is practically identical to the Boomer series; both are made by LS.

Stats look almost the same. Slight difference in NH being HST standard, and B series comes standard with shuttle. Asked local dealer for quote to beat NH Boomer 30. He's actually closer than the NH dealer.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #115  
IslandTractor said:
Usually a little lubrication fixes the sticking pedal. I doubt there have been HST replacements as it is just the pivot if I recall. My CK never had any such issue.

Usually may be true but I do remember a thread of a tbn member that said his dealer was suggesting either a transmission replacement or something of that sort due to a sticking hst pedal. He even had a video on you tube of it misbehaving. I just point this out so the op is informed.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #117  
BoonDoc said:

I just reread the thread. Seems to me that as I noted earlier, only one HST was reported to be replaced and the majority stated that a bit of lubricant fixed the issue.

If multiple HST units were being replaced I think we would hear lots more examples. I don't doubt there are a few being replaced but hardly enough to harp on as a brand reliability issue. The real message to CK owners is that they need to watch the lubrication of the pedal especially if they store the tractor where it gets rained on.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #118  
I just reread the thread. Seems to me that as I noted earlier, only one HST was reported to be replaced and the majority stated that a bit of lubricant fixed the issue.

If multiple HST units were being replaced I think we would hear lots more examples. I don't doubt there are a few being replaced but hardly enough to harp on as a brand reliability issue. The real message to CK owners is that they need to watch the lubrication of the pedal especially if they store the tractor where it gets rained on.

KiotiKens was replaced.

If multiple HST units were being replaced I think we would hear lots more examples. I don't doubt there are a few being replaced but hardly enough to harp on as a brand reliability issue.

Acknowledged. But as a complete novice who's about to drop close to 20G, I put it out there to see what the huge knowledge pool here thinks. I'd hate to be told later, "didn't you know about the ... issues on such and such brand?". This is just proper vetting and I thank you and the others for the positive feedback. Sounds like all the 30HP range are top notch issue wise.

Best,
Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #120  
94BULLITT said:
KiotiKens was replaced.

Precisely. One. That is the HST discussed in the thread.

Who else had the HST replaced?

Some people did not report fully but it seemed that everyone who mentioned lubrication said it resolved the problem.